LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplifiers  (Read 1141 times)

Offline B3Organist_007

• LGM Member

Amplifiers
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:03:24 PM »
I just brought a Motif ES rack. At my church we have a Peavey amp.  For some reason it just doesnt sound right.  I was trying to get the same sound quality you hear on a lot of gospel albums today.  At home I have a Roland KC - 350 and it sounds some what better.  I also reset my rack to the original factory settings just in case(it was on display at Guitar Center).  What other factors affect sound quality?  Does controller brand matter?

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

Re: Amplifiers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:16 PM »
I like the Roland KC550 amp.  I do have a complaints about it though; it doesn't have a lot of headroom.  When you start to run out of juice, it sounds like total crapola.  Now my trusty old Peavey isn't be best sounding, but a lot of headroom
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline Change2Light

• LGM Member
  • Time To Work For The Kingdom Of God!
    • My Space

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
I like the Roland KC550 amp. 

Co Sign
I AM NOT MADE FOR THIS WORLD, BUT MADE BY GOD TO HELP CHANGE THIS WORLD!

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:03:48 PM »
Wait a min...I'm no sound expert, but wouldn't the acoustics/ design of the room have an effect on all that :-\

I know that our current building gives us no problems at all..But go to the new building with the same setting & you'd think something is wrong with your hardware, when it's merely the room..

What you have to do is inspect if the speakers are set up the right way.
Try adjusting the settings to something that will yield the best possible results..it's advisable to note down all those settings, including way that speakers have been positioned once you are satisfied with the sound.

HINT: it might not be a bad idea to get the guys from Guitar Center to come & help set it up for you if they won't charge too much (1 guy at church gets all that for free coz he's a loyal customer & built a relationship with the owner)..

I hope this is handy advice.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
Wait a min...I'm no sound expert, but wouldn't the acoustics/ design of the room have an effect on all that :-\

Generally speaking, most musicians are relatively close to their amps so the room may not have much of an impact on how the amp sounds.  If you have no additional PA and the amp is it, then the room will be more important.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up