LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Musicians OR church Folk wear ear rings?  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Bigtime

• LGM Member
  • Bigtimekeyz Doin' Big Thangs
    • Myspace

Re: Should Musicians OR church Folk wear ear rings?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 03:05:56 PM »
I wear my ear rings......I wont stop or hinder me from being a child of god ( plus im just dat cool)
"Mama said the transpose key is the Devil" only use if u have 2

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy. :D :D :D :D

I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline plaintruthal

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
  Why people think the church should accept anything from the world? I am tired of the "God is only looking at your heart" quote. How can your heart be right, and the body or mind is not in order. Uncle Sam has a dress code for the Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines and etc. We do not question him near as fast. God's people
always has to question everything that doesn't fit what they want to do. This is a good topic because I know some sad people that would rather go to another church than obey the rules of God's house. If I can walk into your church and i can't distinguish the SHEEP from the GOATS I know that I am in the wrong place.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »
  Why people think the church should accept anything from the world? I am tired of the "God is only looking at your heart" quote. How can your heart be right, and the body or mind is not in order. Uncle Sam has a dress code for the Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines and etc. We do not question him near as fast. God's people always has to question everything that doesn't fit what they want to do. This is a good topic because I know some sad people that would rather go to another church than obey the rules of God's house. If I can walk into your church and i can't distinguish the SHEEP from the GOATS I know that I am in the wrong place.

1. What does wearing an earring have to do with not having one's body and mind in order?  If wearing earrings make your body or mind not in order, then there are a lot of females that are in trouble???

2. Yes, the military does have a dress code, while in "uniform" military members cannot wear earrings, however I've never read in the Bible a dress code from God stating in church "uniform" (I still awaiting for them to issue my uniform...lol) a man cannot wear an earring...Note:  If the pastor/"church happens to enforce a dress code within the walls of the church, I would still however abide by their rules maintaining respect for authority within the church...but outside of that, I still understand that, whether I wear an earring or not, it has nothing to do with my salvation or my walk with God...

3. I you walked into a church and "Noone" was wearing earrings...You still couldn't distinguish any better the SHEEP from the GOATS...only God truly knows someone's heart...

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 01:14:28 AM »
1. What does wearing an earring have to do with not having one's body and mind in order?  If wearing earrings make your body or mind not in order, then there are a lot of females that are in trouble???

2. Yes, the military does have a dress code, while in "uniform" military members cannot wear earrings, however I've never read in the Bible a dress code from God stating in church "uniform" (I still awaiting for them to issue my uniform...lol) a man cannot wear an earring...Note:  If the pastor/"church happens to enforce a dress code within the walls of the church, I would still however abide by their rules maintaining respect for authority within the church...but outside of that, I still understand that, whether I wear an earring or not, it has nothing to do with my salvation or my walk with God...

3. I you walked into a church and "Noone" was wearing earrings...You still couldn't distinguish any better the SHEEP from the GOATS...only God truly knows someone's heart...
Sounds right to me.
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 06:01:28 AM »
  Why people think the church should accept anything from the world? I am tired of the "God is only looking at your heart" quote.

My question is "who makes the rules as to what is worldly or not?" If it's worldly for a man to wear earrings, why isn't it worldly for him to wear a gold chain or a bracelet? Who say the earrings are worldly but bracelets aren't. If I wear the same Stacy Adams suit that some R&B singer had on TV, does that make my suit worldly. Enlighten a brother!

If I can walk into your church and i can't distinguish the SHEEP from the GOATS I know that I am in the wrong place.

My Bible reads "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35”

Offline Minsterl

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 01:57:55 AM »
THIS IS MY REPLY TO ALL OF YA WHO REPLIED TO MY QUESTIONS ON THE SUBJECT OF EARRINGS...
     FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS AND BIBLICAL ANSWERS. I HAV ONE SCENARIO FOR THOSE WHO USED A SCRIPTURE OR BIBLICAL ANSWER...THIS IS Y I BELIEVE IT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO WEAR EARRINGS AS A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE IF I WALKED INTO CHURCH WEARIN USHER COLOGNE, WOULD I B SAT DOWN FOR WEARIN HIS COLOGNE?  ALL BECAUSE USHER ISNT ACCEPTED IN YOUR EYES DOESNT MEAN THAT ME WEARIN HIS COLOGNE MAKE ME THE SAME AS HIM. I KNOW I AM WITH GOD, SO AS LONG AS THE EARRINGS DONT INTERFERE WITH MY WALK I CAN STILL WEAR THEM.

THE REASON Y I POSTED THIS EARRING SITUATION IS BECUASE CHURCH PEOPLE BASE THEIR DECISONS ON THE OUTCOME OF THE SIN. CUZ IF A PERSON WERE TO LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL THEY WOULD NOT BE SAT DOWN OR IN A POSITION. BUT IF THEY WERE TO HAVE AN ABORTION, A BABY FROM AN AFFAIR, OR DO DRUGS THEY WOULD BE SAT DOWN OR NOT A POSTION. BECAUSE THE OUTCOME CAN BE SEEN AND NOTICED. BUT THE THING IS THAT IT IS STILL A SIN NO MATTER THE SIN OR THE OUTCOME.

WAT I NEED TO KNOW IS WAT DID THE PIERCINGS DAT JESUS RECECEIVED ON THE CROSS SIGNIFY?
Dre

Offline mzliz

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »
I believe as the other individual below. I believe the scripture says i wil trust the Lord with all my heart, all my might.  Acknowledge Him all thy ways and He shall direct thy path. If you want the truth; search the scriptures. If you want to do, what you want to do then don't ask the question.  Music is a ministry and we should represent Jesus in all that we do, afterall, it is His house that we attend on a weekly basis.  On a more personal note, i believe God has dealt with you about the issue because you are asking questions.  Ask the Man who's opinion count.  Ask God. He will not lie to you.   

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
I believe as the other individual below. I believe the scripture says i wil trust the Lord with all my heart, all my might.  Acknowledge Him all thy ways and He shall direct thy path. If you want the truth; search the scriptures. If you want to do, what you want to do then don't ask the question.  Music is a ministry and we should represent Jesus in all that we do, afterall, it is His house that we attend on a weekly basis.  On a more personal note, i believe God has dealt with you about the issue because you are asking questions.  Ask the Man who's opinion count.  Ask God. He will not lie to you.   

What does this mean...sure, everyone should consult, pray and ask God first about their convictions, but what does any of this have to do with wearing an earring,  in the day and time of the Bible most wealthy men wore earrings...

Anyway...on another note, Welcome to LGM Mzliz :D

Offline ucja2008

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »
This all goes back to havin the HOLY GHOST.  You cant be holy without it, You can try but not for so long.
The holy ghost shall lead you into all truth. Listen/obey them that have rule over you.

My questions is not should musicians/church folk wear ear rings, my question is why-no condemation!
Now GOD's People are suppose to have/look good/be bless but that isnt the purpose of why we accepted christ into our lives.  We accepted him bc we ant to live a better life (GO TO HEAVEN TOO) by turning away from what we use to do, say, act to something pleasing in the sight of GOD.

I think it is up to the individual to decide his fate (Workin out his own salvation with fear and trembling)
Thats why we must sarch the scripture daily

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
This all goes back to havin the HOLY GHOST.  You cant be holy without it, You can try but not for so long.
The holy ghost shall lead you into all truth. Listen/obey them that have rule over you.

My questions is not should musicians/church folk wear ear rings, my question is why-no condemation!
Now GOD's People are suppose to have/look good/be bless but that isnt the purpose of why we accepted christ into our lives.  We accepted him bc we ant to live a better life (GO TO HEAVEN TOO) by turning away from what we use to do, say, act to something pleasing in the sight of GOD.

I think it is up to the individual to decide his fate (Workin out his own salvation with fear and trembling)
Thats why we must sarch the scripture daily

I'm still lost in what is being said?...what does any of this have to do with wearing an earring...What condemnation should there be 'cause you wear an earring??!!

...When you speak of turning away from what we use to do, are you speaking of un-Christ like ways or "everything" we use to do, (including things that are in no way bad)?  2nd question...what makes a man wearing an earring un-Christ-like or bad?

Offline ucja2008

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 05:09:51 PM »
I'm still lost in what is being said?...what does any of this have to do with wearing an earring...What condemnation should there be 'cause you wear an earring??!!

...When you speak of turning away from what we use to do, are you speaking of un-Christ like ways or "everything" we use to do, (including things that are in no way bad)?  2nd question...what makes a man wearing an earring un-Christ-like or bad?

its up to u to decide, its ur life, its ur way how you want to take it

I dont mean everthing bc we are in the world but not of the world
I believe the bible talks about piercing/cuts But maybe I dont have understanding on it!

But as for me I have no plans for ear-rings and tatoos or Long Hair Even though I need a hair cut RIGHT NOW!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »
Sounds like some people have been Brain Washed. Yeah I said it!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
Ex 32:2
Aaron answered them, "Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me."

Aaron said this so he could use the gold to make the calf idol not as instruction to God's people to do something God call them to do.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

But as for me I have no plans for ear-rings and tatoos or Long Hair Even though I need a hair cut RIGHT NOW!

:)

To each their own Bruh...

...Sampson had long hair and was told not to cut it... ;)

If if convicts you not to wear or do such things, so be it, who am I to say different...you still my brother!...

Offline ucja2008

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
Sounds like some people have been Brain Washed. Yeah I said it!

True that, or they allow the cares of the world to change them!

Aaron said this so he could use the gold to make the calf idol not as instruction to God's people to do something God call them to do.

this is correct but Aaron was defying something God already said (I forgot the story) but someone was on the mountain gettin instruction and Aaron was down from the mountain weary.

Offline ucja2008

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 05:27:48 PM »
:)

To each their own Bruh...

...Sampson had long hair and was told not to cut it... ;)

If if convicts you not to wear or do such things, so be it, who am I to say different...you still my brother!...

I Agree! With That Bruh

Offline jkeysasbury

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I am a worship leader and i have earrings, and two tattoos on my wrist but God still uses me to minister!

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
Ooh I know about some dress codes. White folk holiness standards are something else!! I've been to churches where no one on the platform was to wear any form of jewelry. I've also heard of preachers preaching against ties (they pointed downwards), levi's (the label was by the butt and drew attention to men's heinies, hairbows, curls in the front of your face, and thongs (sandals AND underwear). The junk people come up with!! 
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:27 PM »
1) I've also heard of preachers preaching against ties (they pointed downwards), l

2) levi's (the label was by the butt and drew attention to men's heinies,

3) hairbows, curls in the front of your face,

4) and thongs (sandals AND underwear). 

1) ...ok?  So I'm guessing they were big fans of Dilbert. 

2)  That's not a problem with the jeans.  That's a problem with the person looking.  If it goes from simply reading what's on the pants to checking the dude out then that's the problem and that's what they should have preached on.

3)  Lol.  Why?

4)  As long as it's not visible then I don't see the problem.  When it's visible it's just tacky.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up