LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Musicians OR church Folk wear ear rings?  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Minsterl

• LGM Member

Should Musicians OR church Folk wear ear rings?
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:12:19 PM »
I think it depend on the person I mean I no some people say u should were them in church but and girls do that but the dosent matter cuz gils do the things boys do baseball basketball and things like that I dont understand and when I got them done that said i waz back slid in stuff I waz mad at that but its all cool now i just want to here wat the fam got to say about it?
Dre

Offline Minsterl

• LGM Member

Re: Should Musicians OR church Folk wear ear rings?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
mybad the guys that have ear rings but Im not knocking the sisters I would like to here wat u have to say to
Dre

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
i wear my earrings all the time. 
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline ShadowPhace

• LGM Member
  • I am truely blessed...thank you God.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »
In order to answer this correctly we have to see what the bible says about it, and forget what our own personal opinnion is. That is why a lot of churches have been currupted is because some churches go off self opinnion and not biblical truth. Check out the following scriptures:

Proverbs 25:12

Lev. 19: 28- I have 3 fraternity brands, and even this scripture hit home for me. But it is what it is is...

Rom. 12: 1-5

These are the only scriptures that I know about this subject matter, if you find that answer in the bible than let me know, and do according to his will (don't ever deny it, confess, correct, and move on).

All the glory goes to God for my talent.

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:24:24 PM »
Job 42:11Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Ex 32:2
Aaron answered them, "Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me."

Ezekiel 16:12-AV And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Personally, I don't wear earrings, but if you can wear them with a clear conscious - go for it! But if your conscious isn't clear and you're looking for someone to help convince you or back you up on this topic - maybe you should think about it a little more.

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »
I wear mines all the time as well. Never had an impact on me spiritually and never stopped me from being able to hear God when he speaks.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »
Job 42:11Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Ex 32:2
Aaron answered them, "Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me."

Ezekiel 16:12-AV And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

Personally, I don't wear earrings, but if you can wear them with a clear conscious - go for it! But if your conscious isn't clear and you're looking for someone to help convince you or back you up on this topic - maybe you should think about it a little more.

Cosign!!! Good stuff.

The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
I've never worn ear rings and don't plan to but I don't see a problem if guys want to wear them in church.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline cas10a

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »
I've had an earing since my late teens...I wear it on occassion now, however, I don't wear it to church...just my personal preference.  I don't have a problem with other men wearing earrings to church.  I think earrings for men are more socially accepted at present day, so I don't see it as being an issue.

The reason I don't wear them in church is being the lead musician a lot of the young adults and children tend to look up to you.  I don't want to influence any young person into doing what I may see as socially acceptable if the 'parents' of those children and young adults are telling them it is not acceptable while they are still living in the parents house.  Just a personal choice for me...

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 06:28:03 PM »
We had a workshop about how to make christians look cool (because they always appeared to be these dull folks :()..SO, although it's outside my character to wear earrings, I try by all means to look   at church..

My other friend is on the 2nd pic here:

NEVER, jaux!!
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »
It's funny to me how certain styles are unheard of and then just a few years later, it's the hottest thing.   In the early 80s, if a guy wore an earring, he'd have the stuffing beat out of him.  Then guys started wearing just one, now many guys wear two.  It's never been my thing however.  I also remember when guys wouldn't be caught dead in public with their hair braided, now it's the thing to do.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
I'm sorry, but I'm just not a big fan of having any more holes in my ear.  That's the ONLY reason why I won't wear one.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
Here in the dirty north/south, now that I've moved, people are finally starting to warm up to men wearing earings.  ::)
GO FIGURE, we're always late to the party... :-\
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:00:45 AM »
It's funny to me how certain styles are unheard of and then just a few years later, it's the hottest thing.   In the early 80s, if a guy wore an earring, he'd have the stuffing beat out of him.  Then guys started wearing just one, now many guys wear two.  It's never been my thing however.  I also remember when guys wouldn't be caught dead in public with their hair braided, now it's the thing to do.

When I first started wearing earrings, I told my mom and aunties I would never wear hoops (I thought they were gay)...I assured them that I would stick to diamonds.  Now hoops are mainly what I wear.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline organman88

• LGM Member
    • Kue Musik Entertainment

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:03 AM »
haha im glad somebody brought this up i went to a musician friends youth revival at a COGIC my friend asked me to help play the pastor is the guitarist and his son is openly gay in the church comminity state wide and after service the pastor pulled me aside and said "we dont allow the musicians to wear earrings" i was like WHAT THE  :-X in my head told him back with all due respect sir how are you going to talk about me when your son is gay he had no comment i felt bad for saying it but it needed to be said people in the church put to much pressure on the musicians and allways got something bad to say to us but nothing good at least the churches i've been to
keyz 4 life

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »
Earrings shouldn't make a difference; after all, man looks at the outer appearance, but God looks at the heart. BUT, if the church you're at has a dress code, you should follow the order of that particular house.

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 10:49:51 AM »
haha im glad somebody brought this up i went to a musician friends youth revival at a COGIC my friend asked me to help play the pastor is the guitarist and his son is openly gay in the church comminity state wide and after service the pastor pulled me aside and said "we dont allow the musicians to wear earrings" i was like WHAT THE  :-X in my head told him back with all due respect sir how are you going to talk about me when your son is gay he had no comment i felt bad for saying it but it needed to be said people in the church put to much pressure on the musicians and allways got something bad to say to us but nothing good at least the churches i've been to
Lol!! That was a good one!!
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »

WoW..LOL.

I have played at churches that dont accept the males wearing ear rings. I could get bent out of shape about it but I just take them out and do what I do.

When I first started wearing earrings, I told my mom and aunties I would never wear hoops (I thought they were gay)...I assured them that I would stick to diamonds.  Now hoops are mainly what I wear.

I can't do the hoops. I stick to the diamonds.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline farenhype

• LGM Member
    • LTMG

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:08 PM »
i wear earrings. I feel anything that pertains to your dress code should not distract folks from focusing on God and his spirit. It's cool with me, but we must present ourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. So its based on your conviction and your conscious.

How come women can wear hats and men can't s the better question  :-[

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »

How come women can wear hats and men can't s the better question  :-[

Its an old testament thing i think. Women should cover their heads as a sign of respect to God. Men should not cover their head for the same reason.

The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up