LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your Opinion  (Read 1199 times)

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

What's your Opinion
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:02:38 AM »
Our old P&W leader can really blow...she has an outstanding voice.  The other women in the group can sing as well...I think it is rare when everyone in the group can lead a song.  With that being said, when our old P&W leader would go on leave or TDY (military.)  They would record her singing a song and play it the following Sunday.  I'm just curious:  If you were part of that ensemble...how would you feel about that?
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

Re: What's your Opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:06:36 AM »
Our old P&W leader can really blow...she has an outstanding voice.  The other women in the group can sing as well...I think it is rare when everyone in the group can lead a song.  With that being said, when our old P&W leader would go on leave or TDY (military.)  They would record her singing a song and play it the following Sunday.  I'm just curious:  If you were part of that ensemble...how would you feel about that?

...who decided to do that?.....kinda weird thing to do if you have other great singers...

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:15:54 AM »

You know, I have recently found that being up front isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I'd be fine.

Would I ask the question why doesn't someone else lead the song? Maybe, as the P&W leader or MOM. As merely a member? I'd shrug my shoulders and KIM.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:26:34 AM »
...who decided to do that?.....kinda weird thing to do if you have other great singers...

I thought the same thing too when I was told about it.  I don't know whose idea that was.

You know, I have recently found that being up front isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I'd be fine.

Would I ask the question why doesn't someone else lead the song? Maybe, as the P&W leader or MOM. As merely a member? I'd shrug my shoulders and KIM.

They lead songs now...maybe they were scared
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:08:56 AM »
I thought the same thing too when I was told about it.  I don't know whose idea that was.

They lead songs now...maybe they were scared

That's possible. As a singer, there are times when we think that our voice doesn't fit well with certain songs. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just choose songs where the other singers feel comfortable.

For me, it's about the singers feeling comfortable so that they can forget about the song and sing from their hearts. As a leader, you slowly bring folks out of their present comfort level to a new one.

It takes time.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline t-ent

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »
Wow, that's interesting!  I think some of the other singers should step up or be given a push, like you said.  You should never rely on someone to the point where they're the only one that can do certain things.  I've always thought having backup leads and musicians is the safest way to go.

t-ent

Offline divinemusician

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Striving to be a Proverbs 31
    • www.freewebs.com/lkdesignandprm

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:42:02 AM »
I would kind of feel offended a little bit. Because just like God can move on her, he could do it to the others. Yes, her voice maybe one of a kind but you never know who God will move through. And that is saying you guys don't hold a flame to her, whether it is true or not, that can cause division..
DivineMusician
1Love
My Praise is high and my worship is deep. God you have been so good to ME.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
Interesting.....

::thinking:: I wonder how hard to create a video of me directing a song to play while I'm away..... :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: [1]   Go Up