LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do singers put thier name in front of thier group?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

Re: Why do singers put thier name in front of thier group?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »
  I hate when good threads get bumped down by this kind of crap.  

And this statement from D-0-D just said it all. So Lets translate: "I hate that my clip is getting pushed down because people keep starting new topics that have nothing to do with drums". As of about 9:30 This topic is directly above his topic entitled "New Audio Clip". Which means if this topic stays near the top, his will get bumped down and the clip will not get heard. I didn't know staying near the top was that important to you doc. I honestly did enjoy your clip so I will leave a comment in your thread so that "good thread" will not get bumped down by this kind of crap.
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
Well I hit the thread for two reasons.  The first reason was so that everyone can see how stupid this thread is and how you shouldve been busy reading the vinnie thread instead of getting high and then asking a nationwide web of drummers "why does your cd have a first name?  What do they mean by Vashawn Mitchell and friends?  I mean, arnt we all friends?" Lol!!! 

The other reason for hitting the thread was to limit the noise in this online daycare.  They just got pantherboy to stop crying and we didn't want you to start.  Lol lol lol!!!

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
 :o  :o  :o  :o  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ?/?  :D  8)

(Thats all i got to say!)

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »
I thought about this today and I thought it would be interesting to see what other answers may come up. Personally I like when I group is under one common name. Gives the group a more unison type of feel. That says to me that everybody contributed thier time,effort, and talent equally to make the group what it became. But the common names are rare.........

In all things you have to have some kind of leader. Somebody who is the head. Every sports team needs a captain. Every job needs a boss, every church needs a pastor. But at the same time the church is not called Pastor John Davis and New Bethel Baptist, rather "New Bethel Baptist". Or The LA Lakers are not called Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, but the "Lakers". (Even though you could make an argument for that Lakers theory)

The point is, why not operate under one name? That doesn't make the leader less of a leader does it?

I mean if the leader puts the music, the lyrics, the musicians, the group together,  then maybe his name should be in the forefront.

What do you think?
1) It's normally the front name who is putting in alot of the time, money and songwriting/arranging. MOST OF THE TIME, they are also the visionary of the whole thing anyway.
2) There are quite a few who put there names after the group. You just gotta look for them.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 03:56:19 AM »
wow.

E.R.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 08:56:30 AM »
Hey, if you really dont like it and it bothers you so much, just come up with your own:

QCdrummer and friends.

QCdrummer and the brigade.

QCdrummer and the singers.

QCdrummer and the family.

QCdrummer trio.

QCdrummer and the NorthWest SouthEast Mass Choir.

Just a few thoughts that might get you going.

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 01:05:58 PM »
Hey, if you really dont like it and it bothers you so much, just come up with your own:

QCdrummer and friends.

QCdrummer and the brigade.

QCdrummer and the singers.

QCdrummer and the family.

QCdrummer trio.

QCdrummer and the NorthWest SouthEast Mass Choir.

Just a few thoughts that might get you going.

LOl! you a clown E.R.

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 05:11:41 PM »
1) It's normally the front name who is putting in alot of the time, money and songwriting/arranging. MOST OF THE TIME, they are also the visionary of the whole thing anyway.
2) There are quite a few who put there names after the group. You just gotta look for them.

Makes sense. So I guess the thoughts here were that there is no issue with have the name out in front.

Well I hit the thread for two reasons.  The first reason was so that everyone can see how stupid this thread is and how you shouldve been busy reading the vinnie thread instead of getting high and then asking a nationwide web of drummers "why does your cd have a first name?  What do they mean by Vashawn Mitchell and friends?  I mean, arnt we all friends?" Lol!!! 

The other reason for hitting the thread was to limit the noise in this online daycare.  They just got pantherboy to stop crying and we didn't want you to start.  Lol lol lol!!!

If you had read my beginning paragraph in its entirety, I was not on one side or the other; simply asking a question, not complaing about anything. If you took the time to read you would know this, but I know we all aren't gifted enough to read..........

Well I hit the thread for two reasons.  The first reason was so that everyone can see how stupid this thread is

Now you tell me if this first reason makes any sense. You comment on a topic so everybody can see how stupid it is? You are the main reason the topic has stay at the top as long as it has. Once again if nobody leaves comments, the threads get pushed out to page 2.  So now that the answers have been given out, theres no need to let this stay at the top; besides this is getting in the way of your audio clip. And where would LGM be without a thread like that.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »
I think that the little hissy fit arguments in this thread need to go to the PMs.

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
I think that the little hissy fit arguments in this thread need to go to the PMs.

You're right Fre, if anybody wants to throw hissy fits when they don't like something (like my 3 year niece does) then they need to go to pms.................arguing over what topics are the more important than the other.........................the thought of it just sounds stupid.

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 08:50:23 PM »
This is flippin rediculous.

What is the point of this WHOLE THREAD?

This thread is working on its third page, and the Vinnie thread that is actually talking about something is being bumped further and further down the page by a bunch of nonsense  Not to mention the never ending saga/soap opera of Spank and Tye Tribbett.

Is this a forum of learning, or gossip?  Does it really matter why singers put their names in the front of groups?  No. Because if you understand the pretenses of why YOU as a part of the bigger picture is there then it doesnt matter.  As long as you do your part it doesn't matter what the band is called.  What does a name have to do with how you play/perform on a gig?  Just shut up and do your part.  If you want to get top billing in a group, start your own.

Now I fully understand why DIV can only hang out for so long before he bounces.

Come get me when people really want to learn.

Where is the door.

You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »
This is flippin rediculous.

What is the point of this WHOLE THREAD?

This thread is working on its third page, and the Vinnie thread that is actually talking about something is being bumped further and further down the page by a bunch of nonsense  Not to mention the never ending saga/soap opera of Spank and Tye Tribbett.

Is this a forum of learning, or gossip?  Does it really matter why singers put their names in the front of groups?  No. Because if you understand the pretenses of why YOU as a part of the bigger picture is there then it doesnt matter.  As long as you do your part it doesn't matter what the band is called.  What does a name have to do with how you play/perform on a gig?  Just shut up and do your part.  If you want to get top billing in a group, start your own.

Now I fully understand why DIV can only hang out for so long before he bounces.

Come get me when people really want to learn.

Where is the door.

Lol your post would had been funnier if the picture was smaller!  :)

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »
Gospel Beef

Sheen vs. QCdrummer

:D :D :D
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:39 AM »
Cybertron and Megatron!!!!!! Thats the real answer!!!!!!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 08:57:57 AM »
Great responses everybody!  IN CONCLUSION...........It does not matter if your name is in the front or not! I said this about 5 messages ago. It was over and done with until somebody yet had to leave another comment on wether they thought the name should go in the front.

END OF DISCUSSION! IF PEOPLE WILL STOP COMMENTING WE COULD GET THIS TOPIC TO THE ARCHIVES. ITS OVER!!

Thank you and goodnight!

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
YEA!!! WHAT QC SAID!!!!  ;D

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
Lol your post would had been funnier if the picture was smaller!  :)

The sad thing about it is that I wasn't telling a joke or trying to be funny.
You Are Your Only Limitation!!

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 03:45:43 PM »
The sad thing about it is that I wasn't telling a joke or trying to be funny.

ok sorry big bro!!!!   :-\  ;D

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »
QCDrummer....you had to be pretty bored when you posted this thread....no offense......let's keep this thread on top....haha.... :D :D
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
yup bored out of my mind................................... ................4his, please lock this topic so it can go away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up