LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Tranposers Musicians?  (Read 50240 times)

Offline ma1ne

• LGM Member
  • He that findeth a wife! PRAISE HIM! LOL
    • Facebook

Re: Are Tranposers Musicians?
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
1st off i really feel that they are muscians. Everybody not gon be a monster on the keys. Im all about the music. Meaning if it sounds good and its on key then we can do business. Sum musicians out there really cut on people that cant do every key and i feel as though thats arrogance. Now if you willin to show the person more than thats fine but dont try to play nobody. I hate arrogance, I HATE ARROGANCE and i think people tend to forget about the purpose of the gift God gave them. I bet u u can take a dude that may only know 2 keys and bring the house down in comparison to a dude that do runs with his feet. Its all about the annointing. So yes they are musicians.
Play skilfully with a loud noise Psalm 33:3

Rjthakid

« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
1st off i really feel that they are muscians. Everybody not gon be a monster on the keys. Im all about the music. Meaning if it sounds good and its on key then we can do business. Sum musicians out there really cut on people that cant do every key and i feel as though thats arrogance. Now if you willin to show the person more than thats fine but dont try to play nobody. I hate arrogance, I HATE ARROGANCE and i think people tend to forget about the purpose of the gift God gave them. I bet u u can take a dude that may only know 2 keys and bring the house down in comparison to a dude that do runs with his feet. Its all about the annointing. So yes they are musicians.

The NSA will be sending you a welcome basket.  Please open it when you are at least 20 feet from innocent bystanders. 

-Thank You.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2008, 05:19:48 PM »
The NSA will be sending you a welcome basket.  Please open it when you are at least 20 feet from innocent bystanders. 

-Thank You.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I thought the NSA was shut down!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Rjthakid

« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2008, 05:37:15 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I thought the NSA was shut down!!!

Underground my brutha.  We're just underground.   ;)

Offline nicewitit

• LGM Member

« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »
of course Im all for musicians having the right heart and all that jazz, but i just dont consider you to be a COMPETENT musician if you are a MONSTER- in Db. but your pressing buttons when you modulate to D, just my opinion.

-D

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »
I don't know if I've ever chimed in on this topic.  But my feeling on this subject is NO, they are not musicians because a true, disciplined musician can and will learn to play a song in it's original keyboard notation.  The person that created the transpose button should be shot.  Transposing is cheating IMO.  Now if someone requests that you play a song in another key and you can take it there without hitting that button, that shows a real musician.  I mean piano, horns, and guitars do not come with transpose buttons.  So why should a keyboard have one?
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2008, 04:33:45 AM »
The person that created the transpose button should be shot.

?/?

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2008, 05:58:22 AM »
The person that created the transpose button should be shot.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAA, in a weird way I agree wit you.  People misuse and abuse that button so much it's a shame b4 the living God.  It's probably one of the worst inventions ever, professionaly speaking.  That along with Capo for guitars.

But, look on the bright side, that same guy (or girl) made a killing because of it, LOL.

Offline CReneeW

• LGM Member

« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »
To me, transposers are musicians, but they are limited to certain keys.

When I first started playing, the transpose button was used. The fear of playing at a church or another function with an original piano caused me withdraw from the button. Now, If I can not play a song in another key, then I will not play. :)     

Offline jjegede04

• LGM Member
  • "for with God nothing is impossible"

« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »
why are peope still talking abot this, it keeps showing up on my uread replies
and is starting to anoy me

(plese do not reply to what i have said. email me if you want)

Offline musicmajordjs

• LGM Member

Are Tranposers Musicians?
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2008, 04:02:39 AM »
Well I am finally back. I been gone since July, I see that this topic is still popular.......WOW. :o The only thing I have to say is that yes people that use the magic button are musicians until they play an acoustic piano. Stop puttin musicians down and lift them up and encourage them to practice. Just talkin about the issue helps nothing. I really get mad at all of the negative comments towards musicians that transpose. The kingdom of God is about uplifting....not tearing down before they start.

Think about it, I guess the button was put there for some reason

Offline jjegede04

• LGM Member
  • "for with God nothing is impossible"

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »
I hope the previous message closes this topic once and for all

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »
I hope the previous message closes this topic once and for all

It won't.  If you don't like the topic, don't reply in it. ;)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
OK, so today my church goes to fellowship with another church. They have PnW, Our Choir gets up, our pastor is on the keyboard, I'm on the organ. He starts the song, It sounds kinda off..... I know we did it this morning in C, now he's doing it in F. even though I've never done it in that key, I still played it fine. Then we do the next song which we rehearsed in E, but he does it in A, by that time I've figured out that the previous player must have had it transposed + 5. And that song, was more uptempo and I couldnt really play it too well in A, so I struggled though it.

So now I think I'm changing my position on Transposers. They may be musicians, but they are definatley incompetent, and they should at least have the courtesy to untranspose when they leave the instrument.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2008, 01:13:40 AM »
OK, so today my church goes to fellowship with another church. They have PnW, Our Choir gets up, our pastor is on the keyboard, I'm on the organ. He starts the song, It sounds kinda off..... I know we did it this morning in C, now he's doing it in F. even though I've never done it in that key, I still played it fine. Then we do the next song which we rehearsed in E, but he does it in A, by that time I've figured out that the previous player must have had it transposed + 5. And that song, was more uptempo and I couldnt really play it too well in A, so I struggled though it.

So now I think I'm changing my position on Transposers. They may be musicians, but they are definatley incompetent, and they should at least have the courtesy to untranspose when they leave the instrument.

So your pastor didn't recognize that the board had been transposed? Did he start playing in C position then you heard it and had to figure out that it was actually F? This is messed up right here man.

Whenever i see our bassist start playing the board before i get on it, i switch it on and off. I don't even know where the transpose is on the Motif.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

a. How did your pastor NOT know the song was in the wrong key?

b. Why didn't he stop and start again?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Rjthakid

« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2008, 09:02:46 AM »

The answer to both of these questions is probably that he's not very advanced.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2008, 09:12:41 AM »

I have no idea. I didnt get to speak to him about it. He's a pretty good player (better than me), but I think he's more into memorization of the chords, instead of  just playing by ear, so maybe he didnt notice. IDK.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
This subject is still going on?  I thought we already established that transposers are musicians just like athletes that use steroids are athletes. :)''
:)

Rjthakid

« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »
This subject is still going on?  I thought we already established that transposers are musicians just like athletes that use steroids are athletes. :)''

Yea, let's talk about something NEW!

Do you guys think Church Musicians should be paid?   :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up