LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diversi?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

Diversi?
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
So on my humble quest to own my own organ for my personal playing, I stumbled on the Diversi organ. Is it any good? Help me on my decision please.
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Diversi?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »
If you can get one used, great. But don't pay too much...it's not a Hammond.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:25 AM »
I'd stick with a hammond. "If it aint broke, dont fix it". Why pay twice as much for an imitation?

Check out this thread: http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,52697.0.html

Offline BimmerFan99

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »
+2

I would first look for a vintage Hammond before looking for any "clonewheel" organ.

If I did a lot of touring or traveling and didn't want to lug around a 450-lb. organ, then I would probably look at the New Porta-B (http://hammondorganco.com/portableB3.htm).

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 05:47:50 PM »
Ok I was thinkin about the xk3-c pro system. But some guy called me from Diversi tryin to sell one to me. He said I wouldn't even need a Leslie.
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »
But some guy called me from Diversi tryin to sell one to me. He said I wouldn't even need a Leslie.

The Devil is a Liar! Of course you need a leslie. The leslie is what made hammond famous.

The leslie simulators sound like crap. I've never heard one in person, but Ive seen it on a couple of dvds and on youtube, and they sounded pretty bad.

Check out this clip of the diversi using the simulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FcQxkGXP6Q

I suggest you listen to this guy:

under13, I want to give you a HUGE THANKS right up your way!! I looked up the website@vintageorgans.com and ordered a BEAUTIFUl Hammond C3/W a brand new 122a Leslie cabinet speaker. Price??? A bargain price of $6500 WITH 1 year warranty-parts and labor, an 9 hour free-delivery and setup!! I want to say to people that " sometimes you REALLY need to pay close attention to folks that are trying to give you suggestions,help of some sort". It paid off for our church BIGTIME!! Man,it's rock-solid!! As a matter of fact, while on the phone conversation on doing the transaction, a gentleman wanted to buy it right there on the spot but I was blessed to get it first!!Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Offline Kevykev388

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 10:42:48 PM »
Yeah the leslie simulator only sounds good to those who don't know any better.........like "non organ players lol" which actually i dont play organ myself but as a keyboard player i can definitely say that simulator is nothing like a REAL "leslie"
Keys, bass, drums, trombone, I sing a lil bit too lol

Offline RMS2003

• LGM Member
    • YouTube Page

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 11:25:14 PM »
Ok I was thinkin about the xk3-c pro system. But some guy called me from Diversi tryin to sell one to me. He said I wouldn't even need a Leslie.

Yeah, you need a Leslie, period. There is no way to simulate moving air...at least not in this lifetime. The Nord C1 simulator sounds amazingly close, but still not completely there...and it never will be. Stick with the XK-3c. I owned an XK-3 for almost 2 years (I think I said that once already) and played it through a Leslie 142 (had a 122 tube amp in it). The XK-3c has some extra features and the tonewheel sampling is improved as well. A guy named Jim Alfredson (I hope I spelled that right) made a tonewheel set based off of his 1958 B3. I never used it but I've heard a lot of good comments about it. XK-3c owners can't use it but XK-3 owners can download it for free off of his website.

Here's a video of Jim doing a comparison. The audio quality is quite good and as he states in the video, he is using very high quality mics on the Leslie.

http://www.organissimo.org/media/video/hammond2.mp4
Pages: [1]   Go Up