LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New diversi organ  (Read 4231 times)

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

New diversi organ
« on: February 05, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »
check this out-looks hot   www.diversiorgan.com.       anybody put your annointed hands on one yet?

Offline wheatworks

• LGM Member

Re: New diversi organ
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
that thing is off the chain......got my order in......it sounds 10 times better than the first one......they did their thing on that one....

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »
thanks Sebastain! where you been? been missin you,be blessed keep doing that good thing you do,love my PJMORGAN video,waitng for my birthday money to buy a few more

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:26:10 AM »
can't wait to try one,I still use my V3 rack unit at church a lot,considering it's been around since 90's still a killer sound  maybe i need to put it on e bay

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 06:47:07 AM »
when do you expect it? is the Leslie effect as good as they say,or do you still have to buy that other cabinet from motion sound to expand it?what about chorus and keyfeel;played one of the other diversi and keys felt kinda junky

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »
when do you expect it? is the Leslie effect as good as they say,or do you still have to buy that other cabinet from motion sound to expand it?what about chorus and keyfeel;played one of the other diversi and keys felt kinda junky

I havent heard the divirsi in person, Only on DVDs. It sounds the same as a B3 until you pull out all the drawbars, then it doesnt sound as thick and full. (but I think they have a new one coming out, so they might have improved it)

As for the simulated Leslie? I would not fall for that. It sounded alright on the DVD, but There is nothing like being in a room with the leslie (or two) next to you. In a small room with glass walls or windows, you can actually hear the sounds bouncing back at you off the different parts of the room. A simulation is not going to do that.

A divirsi organ cost around $14,000 (i think) Wouldnt you rather have a custom made B3, with a custom finish and 2 leslies for that same price?

If you are going to be on the road, maybe a divirsi is good for you because of the wieght difference and that it doesnt need much maintenance. But I dont see any other advantages over a vintage B3.

I havent played it so I can only judge it by what I heard on the DVD.

Have you tried the NEW B3?

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
It sounded alright on the DVD, but There is nothing like being in a room with the leslie (or two) next to you. In a small room with glass walls or windows, you can actually hear the sounds bouncing back at you off the different parts of the room. A simulation is not going to do that.
I haven't played this model either but there are some really good Leslie simulations out there.  I think the key is you have to run it in stereo and have the speakers spread out or at least pointed in different directions.  When I would gig with my Korg CX3 and run two amps, it was pretty nice.  It even made the guitarist jealous.   ;D
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »
Well, I am in a dilema right now on deciding what organ to get.I just would like to know input from you all on the New Diversi organ also. I have not seen the Diversi in action,only on DVD.  8)

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
Anyone,please?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 07:39:43 PM »
Anyone,please?

To be honest with you, you're gonna have to play them for yourself and male a decision. You wouldnt spend $15,000 on a new car without test driving it, so please dont buy a $15,000 organ without playing it.

Like you, Most of us havent played the Diversi yet so we can only go by what we heard online or in DVDs.

What are you using it for? Church? Home? On Tour?

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
Going to be used at church. Well, the problem is I live far from Pennsylvania or wherever its being made. Yes, I understand shelling out $10k-15k for an organ I haven't even touched sounds risky for certain BUT I have heard good things from other sources on the Diversi. I was thinking on getting a Hammond B3/W leslie3300 for around the same price being "refurbished" or "rebuilt". I know its alot of $$ going to be invested.

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »
I also heard Israel and New Breed are in the front lines for one of the Diversi models along with some other high-profile musicians.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
Going to be used at church. Well, the problem is I live far from Pennsylvania or wherever its being made. Yes, I understand shelling out $10k-15k for an organ I haven't even touched sounds risky for certain BUT I have heard good things from other sources on the Diversi. I was thinking on getting a Hammond B3/W leslie3300 for around the same price being "refurbished" or "rebuilt". I know its alot of $$ going to be invested.

I suggest that you spend about $7500 on a fully refurbished c3 or a100 from a place like this http://vintagehammond.com/

if you wanna B3, they have em for only $10,000, with free delivery

Real Hammonds have served us for over 60 years. So why change now for some wannabe organ :)

I also heard Israel and New Breed are in the front lines for one of the Diversi models along with some other high-profile musicians.

Dont Buy a board because "celebreties" endorse it. buy it because it works for you.

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »
I appreciate it Under13. Are the B3 organs new or used?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
I appreciate it Under13. Are the B3 organs new or used?

They are gonna be at least 40 years old. But thats not a problem. There are Over 100,000 hammond organs that are still working just fine. All you have to do is have it serviced (oiled) every year.

If you will not be playing the organ, let the musician that will be playing it, help you choose it.

If you want a new B3, I think they cost around $20,000 and many say that they dont sound the same as the original. I havent heard one n person so I cant judge it

I think your organist would apreciate playing a real vintage Hammond Organ

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:11:01 PM »
Well, I am the one who is going to be playing the organ. I have played on a C3 HAmmond for 3 years awhile back but went somewhere else and left the organ. I know what the C3 feels,sounds like but was curious on the Diversi. I will be keeping an eye out on the vintage organ site you gave out.

Offline flaming sword

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
I suggest that you spend about $7500 on a fully refurbished c3 or a100 from a place like this http://vintagehammond.com/

if you wanna B3, they have em for only $10,000, with free delivery

Real Hammonds have served us for over 60 years. So why change now for some wannabe organ :)
Dont Buy a board because "celebreties" endorse it. buy it because it works for you.
  under13, I want to give you a HUGE THANKS right up your way!! I looked up the website@vintageorgans.com and ordered a BEAUTIFUl Hammond C3/W a brand new 122a Leslie cabinet speaker. Price??? A bargain price of $6500 WITH 1 year warranty-parts and labor, an 9 hour free-delivery and setup!! I want to say to people that " sometimes you REALLY need to pay close attention to folks that are trying to give you suggestions,help of some sort". It paid off for our church BIGTIME!! Man,it's rock-solid!! As a matter of fact, while on the phone conversation on doing the transaction, a gentleman wanted to buy it right there on the spot but I was blessed to get it first!!Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
  under13, I want to give you a HUGE THANKS right up your way!! I looked up the website@vintageorgans.com and ordered a BEAUTIFUl Hammond C3/W a brand new 122a Leslie cabinet speaker. Price??? A bargain price of $6500 WITH 1 year warranty-parts and labor, an 9 hour free-delivery and setup!! I want to say to people that " sometimes you REALLY need to pay close attention to folks that are trying to give you suggestions,help of some sort". It paid off for our church BIGTIME!! Man,it's rock-solid!! As a matter of fact, while on the phone conversation on doing the transaction, a gentleman wanted to buy it right there on the spot but I was blessed to get it first!!Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

No problemo, Glad I could help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up