Am i getting better

Yes
7 (87.5%)
No
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 06, 2005, 10:36:02 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C# Preacher chords (Mcdonald75)  (Read 2726 times)

Offline mcdonald75

• LGM Member

C# Preacher chords (Mcdonald75)
« on: May 06, 2005, 10:36:02 PM »
hey guys i was messing with the keyboard tonight and came up with these Tell me what you think

Bp/Lh/Rh

F/FAbBC#F/FAbBbC#
F#/BbC#EF#/F#AbAC#
G/BEbEFG/EGBbC#
Ab/CEbAbB/EbAbBC#
A/C#GA/DF#AbC#
Ab/CF#Ab/C#F#AbC#

and back to the top
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

Re: C# Preacher chords (Mcdonald75)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »
Quote from: mcdonald75
hey guys i was messing with the keyboard tonight and came up with these Tell me what you think

Bp/Lh/Rh

F/FAbBC#F/FAbBbC#
F#/BbC#EF#/F#AbAC#
G/BEbEFG/EGBbC#
Ab/CEbAbB/EbAbBC#
A/C#GA/DF#AbC#
Ab/CF#Ab/C#F#AbC#

and back to the top

i dont normally comment on other people 's work...........but because i was invited, i will!

i think your passion is revealing, and you endeavor towards greatness! a couple of things to keep in mind when playing any chord;

clearity is a must!
purpose is a must!
expression is a must!

all chords work off a scale, and their really are numerically only so many options in voicing a chord! once you have created the chord, everything else becomes color or additions.....now you can stack, and layer ( same ) but at some point it can become repetitive! you shouldnt really need to play a note four times in a chord to express your voicing! some notes bring about a different sound if placed in certain spots of the board! so you want to be careful, of cancelling out! you also want to be knowledgable as to what kind of chord your playing ( alteration ) their are really only four! major, minor, diminshed, augmented!

their are only so many ways to voice a chord before it gets crazy and senseless!

make your chords mean somthing; dont just play a chord for the sake of filling a spot! you need to know if at the time, you want to express a chord with a lot of tention, or a smooth melow chord.......depemding, you will need to voice accordingly!

every chord doesnt have to be a phat chord! break it up and lay another type of chord! their are spots to play'em at!

don't take your knowledge of chords for granted! think about what your doing! and then play what you want!

i hope this help, and not offend! you're doing a great job, keep up the good work! and let me know if you need anything, i will help as much as i can!
gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline aljeres

• LGM Member
  • IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS......
    • www.algieres.com

gieres.....

god is greatly to be praised!!!!!!!!!

Offline jasonlw

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: C# Preacher chords (Mcdonald75)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 02:12:57 PM »
They sound great but one thing to keep in mind not to over play meaning don't do to much that it takes away from a preacher by my being a preacher we'll have a lot of musicans take from the message becasue people are paying more attetion to the music than the man of god.   Try this
Key of Eb
Left hand   Right hand
A              Db-G-B-Eb
Ab            C-Gb-Bb-Eb
F              A-Eb-Gb
Bb            Ab-D-Gb
D             Db-Ab-C-Eb
Eb            Db-G-Bb-Eb Try those and let me know what you think send me some more chords doc i lke yours email me 2cooldaddy@sbcglobal.net  You Bless God
Pages: [1]   Go Up