LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Kee Clip In Memphis  (Read 5904 times)

Offline young talent

• LGM Member
  • young talent

Chris Kee Clip In Memphis
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:18 PM »
Wats Good LGM Fam. I found this lil clip of chris kee playin "Right Now Praise" in Memphis. Its two minutes but I think its pretty hot so check it out.

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

Re: Chris Kee Clip In Memphis
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 06:49:58 AM »
Nice find...I saw Chris do the Rain on Us Solo live, he can definetly stretch when he wants to no doubt. Good clip. ;)
Just play music...

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
Nice find...I saw Chris do the Rain on Us Solo live, he can definetly stretch when he wants to no doubt. Good clip. ;)

i heard the rain on me solo on the cd that chris was on...and man was i disapointed...i figure if u gonna do what calvin did..do what calvin did..if u cant do ur own thing..

GOdSDRummER..

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 02:00:10 PM »
that cat was stickin on that clip!!!!! very nice groove and great placement...

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 03:34:50 PM »
i heard the rain on me solo on the cd that chris was on...and man was i disapointed...i figure if u gonna do what calvin did..do what calvin did..if u cant do ur own thing..

GOdSDRummER..

Yea, I heard that too and was like  >:( :-\, what is this dude trying to do???? lol But when I heard him do it live he crushed it.
Just play music...

Offline jtoomer

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
Has anyone else seen Chris kee's Rain on us Solo on the Not Guilty DVD.  That one was better than the one on the album.  It just didn't have any taste and he kind of got off beat but his foot speed is ridiculous....well i dunno....did anybody else see it?
Praise HIM with The LOUD Cymbals... LOUD!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 08:26:55 PM »
JTOOMER what do you think we talking about?????

GOdsdrUmmEr

Offline hiphopdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:06:18 AM »
Cats was hating because they aint Chris

Offline LittleDrummerBoyy

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
I think he did a good job its hard trying to behind calvin when he killed it and do something

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »

?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/?
Hating on what  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
This clip has been posted before, and I'm not a fan of it. It is nowhere near his best playing.

I know CK personally and he is one of the most humblest (if thats a word) drummers you could ever meet. He probably wouldn't even tell you who he was until you started asking him questions. He doesn't even play the drums all that much at his own father's church! Point is, I don't think he was trying to imitate Calvin. Calvin, along with Ladell and some others are people he looks up too. In fact when he goes on the road, he gets excited about the fact that he will get a chance to see them play.
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
to add to my response... I don't think no one is hating guy, this is a public forum and this is the world everybody isn't going to like everybody or there playing style, and people can voice there opinions if they want to, even though some things people say aren't needed according to others opinions but at the end of the day Who Cares!!!! so no one is hating, maybe a lil confused  ;D, but hey Chris did make it into the house with this new Making his band thing.... he and (     ) were chosen from the NY audition site to move further in the competition, now you can call it skill or politics but hey whateva floated Nisan and Rob Lewis' boat that day.........lol Chris didn't have to stand in line with all the other thousands of drummers he got called out specifically to go in and get his audition over with..... so either way he must be doing something somebody likes

shoutouts to Jamareo Artis (bass) for advancing and Terrell Cox (keys) for making it pass the NY audition they are NC bred musicians from the sticks......lol
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
to add to my response... I don't think no one is hating guy, this is a public forum and this is the world everybody isn't going to like everybody or there playing style, and people can voice there opinions if they want to, even though some things people say aren't needed according to others opinions but at the end of the day Who Cares!!!! so no one is hating, maybe a lil confused  ;D, but hey Chris did make it into the house with this new Making his band thing.... he and (     ) were chosen from the NY audition site to move further in the competition, now you can call it skill or politics but hey whateva floated Nisan and Rob Lewis' boat that day.........lol Chris didn't have to stand in line with all the other thousands of drummers he got called out specifically to go in and get his audition over with..... so either way he must be doing something somebody likes

shoutouts to Jamareo Artis (bass) for advancing and Terrell Cox (keys) for making it pass the NY audition they are NC bred musicians from the sticks......lol

I heard murmurs around about this, but never nothing official.  If it went down like that then that's kind of shady and a waste of time for people that spent thier money to come out. But isn't the Music Biz all about who you now, rather than how well you play?
Did you get to audition sticks?

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
BTW,

I thought this topic was new...........this is from 2007!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »
lol how u pick up an argument from 07

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 04:44:52 PM »

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »
My ribs are hurting from laughing!!! haha!

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 08:15:03 AM »
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline CJKeyboardPlaya

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »

GOdSDRummER..
ya, i have da DVD and... it didnt catch my ear!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
I have a CD with Ladell playing Rain On Us, way back when they did it in like 1998. It was called God Of Mercy on the track then. Dude straight murderd the solos. Really the whole song was off the hook!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up