LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel musician are not real musician  (Read 14915 times)

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Gospel musician are not real musician
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the movie "Drumline": each section of the band felt that they were the backbone of the band.

Since this guy is into classical music, maybe he just thinks "that's where it's at".

Offline TheBigO30

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I do it all for the Lord,

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
I went back to that same store to buy some cable and that same guy is still there. he spoke and ask me if i still doing the gospel thing. i reply yes, and i ask him why do you feel that we are not real musicains. He reply cause  some keyboard players dont do it for the love of Jesus but for the love of money. how many musicians today will play for the a church with out being paid. Then he said that gospel music change when yo turn on the radio and you can't tell the diffirence between gospel and Hiphop still you hear the words.

but the fun he's a member on this site and he read on form on this is that (if you don't have any music in the church its just a meeting). I think he an Ol skool player with alot of love for the Church. He feel instead of paiding musicians that said that they can play but only can play in one key or musicains demanding hundreds of dollars for churchs just for two or three days of week. He play for a Larger church in his home town and he said that he don't get paid or ask for any thing. He feel that if the Lord give you a gift why make the Lord pay for something that he gave you and the Jesus never charge for is services and he's the Son of God. I just listen to him, some of it made sense and some did't but he entitle to his opinion. We can't get made at him cause we haven't walk in his shoes. but we do have some musicians out there that is making a bad image for the ones that is trying to do it the right way.
Lets save souls with the Lords music.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2009, 11:44:15 AM »
so how can he say a classical musician is a "real musician" because they dont do it for the love of Jesus?
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
so how can he say a classical musician is a "real musician" because they dont do it for the love of Jesus?

Yes, good question.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »
Sometimes people are just talking out their #$%(^!
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

How can u make that assumption? Most classical music was created for use by the church anyways. Who's to say that they aren't playing for the love Jesus?
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Blackwiz87

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Tee...me
    • My Myspace

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »
I went back to that same store to buy some cable and that same guy is still there. he spoke and ask me if i still doing the gospel thing. i reply yes, and i ask him why do you feel that we are not real musicains. He reply cause  some keyboard players dont do it for the love of Jesus but for the love of money. how many musicians today will play for the a church with out being paid. Then he said that gospel music change when yo turn on the radio and you can't tell the diffirence between gospel and Hiphop still you hear the words.

but the fun he's a member on this site and he read on form on this is that (if you don't have any music in the church its just a meeting). I think he an Ol skool player with alot of love for the Church. He feel instead of paiding musicians that said that they can play but only can play in one key or musicains demanding hundreds of dollars for churchs just for two or three days of week. He play for a Larger church in his home town and he said that he don't get paid or ask for any thing. He feel that if the Lord give you a gift why make the Lord pay for something that he gave you and the Jesus never charge for is services and he's the Son of God. I just listen to him, some of it made sense and some did't but he entitle to his opinion. We can't get made at him cause we haven't walk in his shoes. but we do have some musicians out there that is making a bad image for the ones that is trying to do it the right way.

You have to work on your english...or at least proofread more often ;)
To KNOW me is to UNDERSTAND me, to UNDERSTAND me is to APPRECIATE me...

Yours Truly...Tee

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

You have to work on your english...or at least proofread more often ;)
Ask Fenix to proofread for you.  His english is excellent.   :-\
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »

:D

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2009, 10:25:51 PM »
How can u make that assumption? Most classical music was created for use by the church anyways. Who's to say that they aren't playing for the love Jesus?

who's to say they are? No i cannot make the blanket assumption that they arent, but to say gospel musicians arent real because they dont play for Jesus, but to say classical musicians are real, makes the inference that all classical musicians do play for Jesus, and thats a wrong assumption too.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2009, 07:06:06 AM »
who's to say they are? No i cannot make the blanket assumption that they arent, but to say gospel musicians arent real because they dont play for Jesus, but to say classical musicians are real, makes the inference that all classical musicians do play for Jesus, and thats a wrong assumption too.

Gotcha, maybe I just interpreted u wrong earlier. I fully agree wit u.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
If a church needs a musician to handle its music ministry(which can take a lot of time and talent)and they want a quality musician, it would be unreasonable to expect that they would not have to pay them.  In many churches that is a full time job.  The churches that have found good and reliable musicians are glad that they have them and are willing to pay for their service.  How could one find fault in that?

Many church musicians are good Christians, some are not but are good and decent church musicians. Some are not good and decent at all but are good at their trade. Some are good Christians but not so good musicians. Some are not good for anything. Churches simply have to choose as best they can. To look at a musician that you don't know, or even one that you do know and say that gospel musicians are not musicians is ridiculous and lingering in the area of stupidity.

Why didn't the salesman just slap the customer in the face? I see no difference.

Churches have to choose what their music ministry will be like.  We go to churches as suits our choice of worship. Musicians as a rule, give their churches what they ask for. 

If there is something wrong with the style or secular quality of the music service in a given church, it is most likely not the musician's fault. The pastor, deacons, elders and other church officials set that tone.  The musician just complies.  It would be just as easy to find a musician who played hymns or smooth contemporary music.

They are all musicians.

The salesman should have been aware of that.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2009, 09:13:53 PM »

Make one mistake and yo are crucified over and over again.  ::)
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »

And we present Exhibit A:

Make one mistake and yo are crucified over and over again.  ::)

Who is yo? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »
:D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »
And we present Exhibit A:

Who is yo? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

well at least he didnt make that typo fixing someone else's typo. that would get him put on the chopping block, which is basically locking him in a room with you with him wearing an "i love transpose" t-shirt. lol

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
which is basically locking him in a room with you with him wearing an "i love transpose" t-shirt. lol

HAHAHAHA, it will be problems, LOL.

Offline Lamonte 1990

• LGM Member
  • "God is FIRST; then everything else comes after...
    • New Beginning Church of God In Christ

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »

You are not wrong NOR alone in your opinion!!! ;)

I'm witcha on that too...AND IM ONLY 18!!!!!!

But I know the difference...

Offline STJOHNMINOFMUSIC

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
Well the devil can show thru ANYBODY!!! I played with all classical musicians from age 5 on up...maybe if I learned thru gospel first.. it would have not took as long as it did to Accept Christ into my life!! Glory be to God!I will definitely pray for that man...

Offline davidenoch

• LGM Member

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2009, 09:49:32 PM »
Its very funny when other musicians bring this topic up...So here is my answer.....The Lord gave "me" the gift to play piano WITHOUT formal lessons just as he bestowe gifts on others(e.g. the 12 apostles). The 12 apostles didnt have "formal" traing and yet they flipped the earth upside down...The Lord has also given me the ability to detect the pitch, rhythm, and emotion of a song...all for "his" glory...So when you look at it....He chose us.....us...to PLAY....I'm bout to shout.....
I thank GOD for sites such as this to perfect what the Lord has graciouly started...

Ok...I'm out
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up