LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tye Tribbett using a sequencer for Victory CD???  (Read 3535 times)

Ramar

Tye Tribbett using a sequencer for Victory CD???
« on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
Ok... I know that I am super late.... And I don't know if this topic was discussed before, but I have got to say that Tye Tribbett's Victory CD set a new bar in gospel music... The lyrics were excellent and the music was stellar!!! That has got to be on of the absolute BEST gospel albums EVER!!! There wasn't a single song on that album that i didn't like That man is crazy... where did he come up with the music? I loved the chords near the end of  "everything will be alright" where they start playing all that weird circus/ renaissance type music and the chords at the end of "sinking"... you know the ones that start off with Eb/G-B-Db-Gb and the horns play that weird diminished arpeggio... that man is psycho!!!! Anyways I'm from the south and I'm so used to hearing 1-4-5 major chord progressions, that I thought this CD was a relief!!! I do have to admit that these songs are hard to play without a band... and I think that a sequencer may have been involved during the recording because of the perfectly synchronized changes and the ultra-tight rhythm (by the way the drummer is off the chain!!!!)... but thats just me... Feel free to give your opinion!!!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

Re: Tye Tribbett using a sequencer for Victory CD???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »
this is an old cd aint it ::) ::)

welcome to LGM

Ramar

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 10:40:57 AM »
This is his most recent CD... however,  it was released over a year ago, so I'm sure it has been discussed millions of times

Offline funkyfingaz

• LGM Member
  • Jay-R of Kingdom Revolution
    • My Myspace page

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
I dont believe there was a sequencer..After YEARS of playing together, they are tight like that. His entire band plays together all the time..its not like he gets people randomly and records....nah Soundcheck(the band name) is his Band and thats why they sound the way they do...Unity! And TRUST ME, U havent heard the Best of Tye Tribbett Yet!!!!
There's a Kingdom Revolution...Hear to Worship!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 04:34:31 PM »
they do run click tracks

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »
This is his most recent CD... however,  it was released over a year ago, so I'm sure it has been discussed millions of times

Good guess.

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Marcus12

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 08:20:19 PM »

I think that they do use a sequencer on some songs.  Because I know on "Victory" (the song.....That the little go! go! beat is not Spanky doing the fill-ins with his toms.  And the percussionist isn't playing it either.  I don't know if you have the DVD, but if you check it out I know for a fact that at least on "Victory" and "No Other Choice" that they are using a drum machine.  If you look at Tye tell Spank the next song ("No Other Choice"), Spank reaches over and starts off the track.  That's just my observation.  Has anyone else seen it that can confirm?  Or maybe I'm wrong and you can correct me.

Ramar

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »
I think that they do use a sequencer on some songs.  Because I know on "Victory" (the song.....That the little go! go! beat is not Spanky doing the fill-ins with his toms.  And the percussionist isn't playing it either.  I don't know if you have the DVD, but if you check it out I know for a fact that at least on "Victory" and "No Other Choice" that they are using a drum machine.  If you look at Tye tell Spank the next song ("No Other Choice"), Spank reaches over and starts off the track.  That's just my observation.  Has anyone else seen it that can confirm?  Or maybe I'm wrong and you can correct me.

My point exactly.... read my "sequencers used during live recordings" post in the general music hangout(sorry I don't know how to make links)... to totally understand where I'm coming from

Offline mattmatt

• LGM Member
  • me (dana c-bazz sorey), spanky, and tha band

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »
no WE DID NOT USE ONE......ITS JUST HARD WORK AND TIME DURING PRAC!!!!..

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 12:06:49 PM »

Werds straight from Dana. So that settles it folks
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline Marcus12

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »

mattmatt.....I just have a question.  On the "Victory" track, who was doing the tom fills?  From what I see on ya'lls DVD there is no one playing that part when those licks occur.  Did you all add it in after the recording?  That and Spanks toms are tuned the same as those heard.  I'm not trying to tell you at all that you're not right, because obviously you were there!!!!!  But I'm asking out of curiousity.

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »
mattmatt.....I just have a question.  On the "Victory" track, who was doing the tom fills?  From what I see on ya'lls DVD there is no one playing that part when those licks occur.  Did you all add it in after the recording?  That and Spanks toms are tuned the same as those heard.  I'm not trying to tell you at all that you're not right, because obviously you were there!!!!!  But I'm asking out of curiousity.

From my understanding some tracks were edited and possibly done over but I could be wrong....
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »

Overdubs.  They do them on DVD's too.  Almost every record you hear is not exactly what went down that night of the recording.  I noticed a few times that Spanky wasn't playin wha I heard but I also knew it wasn't a drum machine.
Keep It Funky
Pages: [1]   Go Up