LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modern Drummer June 2007 (Independence & "Spanky")  (Read 661 times)

FerrariRed

Modern Drummer June 2007 (Independence & "Spanky")
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »
I did a search to make sure nobody had made a duplicate post of this.  I just received my June edition of Modern Drummer.

There is a great article on Coordination & Independence with comments from 15 top drummers along with references of the person and materials (Books and DVD's) they studied to make their coordination & independence what it is.  Plus an article on Marco Minnemann, another great artist of coordination & independence.  There are also seven short lessons on independence ranging from Building Coordination of the Mind & Body to The Essence of Independence to Developing Independence with Ostinatos and Polyrhythms to Independence from the Rock Perspective.  Talk about finding a nice spot to sit and read only to jump up and hit the drums.

And...............

There is an article on "Spanky" (4 pages).

A lot of drummers take positions and state his or her opinion in LGM.  I'm going to take a stand now....

If you don't have a subscription to Modern Drummer, you are only serious to a certain level about your drumming.  It's not the bible in any sense.  However, it is similar in referencing, telling stories and capable of being read repeatedly for insight (into drumming that is).  There are so-called prophets...drummers who have been around and are experienced and wise in drumming.  Ok enough.

There is no other book when it comes to drumming.

Eccentric-Rhythm

Re: Modern Drummer June 2007 (Independence & "Spanky")
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:01:21 PM »
It appears that searching is not one of your Strong suits....

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,42018.0.html

JFunky

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:58:53 PM »
...Ferrari, we've been preaching this for years already.  It's cool to see someone else take the "red pill" out of the Matrix.  To the rest of yall...

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes" (Morpheus). ;D 

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:03:35 PM »
lol
lol
i like that one! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up