LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The late Bishop David Ellis....question?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline ohio_choirdirector

• LGM Member

The late Bishop David Ellis....question?
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »
Is the late Bishop David Ellis related to Bishop William Ellis and Bishop Charles Ellis (in Chicago)??

I am just curious.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteusness and all things shall be added unto you"

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: The late Bishop David Ellis....question?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »
The late David Ellis is the father of Bishop Charles Ellis and the brother of William Ellis.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 07:51:09 AM »
Oh----and they are out of the city of Detroit.

Offline NJTheBishopAnderson

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Da Bishop in a different "light"...
    • Facebook Page

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
Oh----and they are out of the city of Detroit.

Yeap.. Greater Grace Temple (City of David)

We call 'em "Chucky" (lol)
"RAPHAAAAAA!!!! - The LORD that healeth thee!"

Offline upmost

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »
There is a new song out (I think it's new?) by bishop william ellis. I hear it on the radio, but i can never figure out what the song is, or what its called!  Does anyone know wat i'm talkin about?
Keep God first in your life

Offline Holy Roller

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »
I hope I'm not stepping over the line by asking this but it was made public in the news as well - Is Bishop William Ellis (chicago) serving time and recently did so ?

i did not know he had a song out. at one time they had a good church choir - haven't Heard them in a while.

Yes, david E was from Detroit. I don't know if some of you know it but they exumed his body and re-buried at the new church.
also, chuckie's brother recently started his own church - I forget his name

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:38:33 PM »
I hope I'm not stepping over the line by asking this but it was made public in the news as well - Is Bishop William Ellis (chicago) serving time and recently did so ?

Bishop Ellis's legal problem is old news. I know he was sentenced, but I don't remember if he is currently serving time. That info kinda went in one ear and out the other. LOL!  :D

What's wonderful & amazing, Bishop Ellis's church not only forgave him, but they are standing by him in support. That says a lot about Bishop Ellis's leadership as a Pastor and a person.  ;D

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 05:35:32 PM »
Bishop William Ellis used to be the Dioscean Bishop for Texas in PAW.  His son Sfg. Bishop Jonathan Ellis took over his church in San Antonio, now called the Conqueror's Assembly.

Bishop Ellis's legal problem is old news. I know he was sentenced, but I don't remember if he is currently serving time. That info kinda went in one ear and out the other. LOL!  :D

That's the best bet.  I don't know what resulted from his problems, nor am I trying to find out.  No sense spreading info like that to people who probably won't do any good with it, just keep praying for him and his family as we do for all of our spiritual leaders (and natural leaders).

Offline Holy Roller

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »

What's wonderful & amazing, Bishop Ellis's church not only forgave him, but they are standing by him in support. That says a lot about Bishop Ellis's leadership as a Pastor and a person.  ;D

JUst curious not trying to any cause any harm I have a friend who is a pastor in the P.A.W and it seemed he told me he was given 18 months. It's not a big deal and I would I say one word against him. just trying to refresh and joggle my memory. I hope the best and thank God the church survived the storm. I use to really enjoy his Broadcast on the wordnetwork- one of the best ones I thought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up