LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LATEST NEWS: THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER SUPERBOWL!!!!!!  (Read 3406 times)

iamworship2006

THE LATEST NEWS: THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER SUPERBOWL!!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »
HALFTIME SHOW...UNLESS THEY BRING PRINCE BACK!!!

MAN THAT CAT HAD THE ENTIRE STADIUM PURPLE RAINING AND IT WAS RAINIGN WHICH WAS IRONIC.

I HAVE TO SAY PRINCE SHUT IT DOWN. NOBODY CAN COME AFTER HIM NOW. THE STAGE, THE BAND THE GLOWING IN THE DARK. DID YOU SEE THE SHOT FROM THE BLIMP THE WHOLE PLACE WAS PURPLE NEON!!!!! WOW ;D ;D ;D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: THE LATEST NEWS: THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER SUPERBOWL!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »
Yes, Prince ripped it. But, don't be silly; there'll be someone else.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »

MAN THAT CAT HAD THE ENTIRE STADIUM PURPLE RAINING AND IT WAS RAINIGN WHICH WAS IRONIC.

I HAVE TO SAY PRINCE SHUT IT DOWN. NOBODY CAN COME AFTER HIM NOW. THE STAGE, THE BAND THE GLOWING IN THE DARK. DID YOU SEE THE SHOT FROM THE BLIMP THE WHOLE PLACE WAS PURPLE NEON!!!!! WOW ;D ;D ;D

He's a NEO-ICON!
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

iamworship2006

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:39:02 AM »
ALL I KNOW IS WHOEVER COMES HAS A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW!! THE BOY HAD THE ENTIRE STADIUM SINGING PURPLE RAIN MAN!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

NFL RAISED THE BAR WITH THIS MOVE AND I THINK IT WAS A CLASSY AND ENTERTAINING SHOW. HE KEPT THE ENERGY AND HAD EVERYONE ENGAGED IN THE SHOW!!

i THINK THEY WILL HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE LIKE PHIL COLLINS OR STING OR SOMETHING NO MORE " ONE HIT WONDERS" ;) ;)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
It's time for Shaka to make her debut next year. ;)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »
You know what I find funny ( and for the record I am/was a huge Prince fan), is that by the standards of American Idol, Prince really can't sing.

If you listen at his records,  his draw is not the vocal acrobatics ( although dude has a KILLER falsetto).

Now we all know that back in the day( and quiet as is kept, even still today) prince's lyrics were "racy" to put it modestly. But the visuals that dude could paint with a song were out of this world.  And of course he is a "muscian's artiist".

But I just think its wild that if Prince went on American Idol, no instruments, and tried to sing somebodys  else's music, they would  laugh him out of the stadium.

But, when he does "him", man he has IT ( whatever it is).

just thinking out loud.    BTW  my favorite prince album ( besides purple rain) was  Sign of the Times.  Just a classic.

jlewis 

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
You know what I find funny ( and for the record I am/was a huge Prince fan), is that by the standards of American Idol, Prince really can't sing.

If you listen at his records,  his draw is not the vocal acrobatics ( although dude has a KILLER falsetto).

Now we all know that back in the day( and quiet as is kept, even still today) prince's lyrics were "racy" to put it modestly. But the visuals that dude could paint with a song were out of this world.  And of course he is a "muscian's artiist".

But I just think its wild that if Prince went on American Idol, no instruments, and tried to sing somebodys  else's music, they would  laugh him out of the stadium.

But, when he does "him", man he has IT ( whatever it is).

just thinking out loud.    BTW  my favorite prince album ( besides purple rain) was  Sign of the Times.  Just a classic.

jlewis 

I'd have to agree. Why do you think he HAD everyone singing Purple Rain in the first place.  :D

I'd also go so far as to say that Prince doesn't really get the props he deserves for guitar ability. That boy is sick wit his!!
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

HammerRock

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »
It was the best show I've seen so far.... and Aerosmith was good a few years ago.

TheVeteran

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 11:07:18 AM »
Prince doesn't really get the props he deserves for guitar ability.

For real.   :o  :o  :o

My wife is a singer and doesn't really understand music, so she was like "What is he doing?  Sounds strange!"

I said, and I quote:

"Take my word for it: he's KILLIN it.  You just stick to singin' sweety."

:D  :D  :D

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »

I'd have to agree. Why do you think he HAD everyone singing Purple Rain in the first place.  :D

I'd also go so far as to say that Prince doesn't really get the props he deserves for guitar ability. That boy is sick wit his!!

Man it ain't just guitar,

Dude plays (professional caliber) drums, and  (professional caliber)piano/keyboard.   But I agree that guitar is his main instrument.

and according to Charlie Murphy, prince had sick basketball skills back in the day as well.  ;D

iamworship2006

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 11:08:16 AM »

We watched at my church( don't tell nobody) and someone said that very thing could you imagine Prince and slash going at it on guitar!!!

And yes Prince's ability to write and his imagery is just masterful. Could he ever write a gospel song???

Whew!!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
For real.   :o  :o  :o

My wife is a singer and doesn't really understand music, so she was like "What is he doing?  Sounds strange!"

I said, and I quote:

"Take my word for it: he's KILLIN it.  You just stick to singin' sweety."

:D  :D  :D

Now, understand that this is with the understanding that 'supposedly' Prince is moving towards Christ; but my boy who was watching the game with me said and I quote:

'I bet Prince worships with his guitar'  ;D

iamworship2006

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 11:13:21 AM »
hey I have heard Prince live ina club back in the day in Hollywood when he was known for dropping in clubs and doing shows.

THE Cat can sing his butt off for real with no effects. he has range baratone to falsetto.

Dont get it twisted about Prince and his vocal ability. Besides he has a sound and delivery that is captivating. he would draw Paula in so fast and Simon would be seeing $$$. Randy would be like " dude that was incredible man i'm diggin your sound man""

and don't let him do a move or two during the audition!!!!

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »
hey I have heard Prince live ina club back in the day in Hollywood when he was known for dropping in clubs and doing shows.

THE Cat can sing his butt off for real with no effects. he has range baratone to falsetto.

Dont get it twisted about Prince and his vocal ability. Besides he has a sound and delivery that is captivating. he would draw Paula in so fast and Simon would be seeing $$$. Randy would be like " dude that was incredible man i'm diggin your sound man""

and don't let him do a move or two during the audition!!!!

He would draw paula in because  "you looked at him in his eyes didn't ya" ;D

jlewis

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »
Prince is a musical Genius. I wonder if it was his idea to include FAMU's band. Can u imagine being able to say you gigged with Prince?
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »
Sad to say, I didn not get to see the halftime show. I was at a party that censored the portion of the show and turned the tv off. When it becomes available on YouTube though, its on

TheVeteran

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 11:22:31 AM »

Keys410

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 11:23:53 AM »
Prince is a beast on the Guitar....He is still very active in music.....He does producing on a few albums.....

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »

Prince is my boy!!!!   Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Just the fact that he killed it in the pouring rain just makes it all the more better. :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up