LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hitting the Right Notes  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Naturelle

• LGM Member

Hitting the Right Notes
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »
Ok so here's my question for all you verterans...

I've played classical music up until about 10 years ago so I know about scales and trebles and bass notes etc.  But when it comes to knowing for sure the right keys and notes a song should be sung in  how do you know know that it is the correct note and you're not singing off or inclining your choir/praise and worship to sing off.....

Offline MauRece

• LGM Member
  • Rece

Re: Hitting the Right Notes
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:48:59 PM »
I think it takes a trained ear. If ever you can hear a song, and remember the EXACT key it's sang in...(Say for instance you can hum a song in the exact key that it's in....) I believe it's the hearers' EAR. I may be wrong though. I don't have any formal training or any piano skills really...but I just KNOW when something is being sang in the right key and when it's not...kinda' confusing, eh?? God bless.
~May Your Best Day In 2006 Be Your WORSE Day In 2007~

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »
Myself and others have noticed that the key of a song seems to change depending what kind of sound system (cd/tape player, etc.).  Anybody else ever notice this?

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:05:13 AM »
Myself and others have noticed that the key of a song seems to change depending what kind of sound system (cd/tape player, etc.).  Anybody else ever notice this?

Yes....that depends on how many bpm's the song is being played at.  To answer the first question, in my opinion, there is no correct key to play any song in...however, there are wrong keys....and you will know what those keys are ......

...............when the choir or the soloist struggle with range.  It all depends on who you are playing for.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:11:15 PM »
Yes....that depends on how many bpm's the song is being played at.  To answer the first question, in my opinion, there is no correct key to play any song in...however, there are wrong keys....and you will know what those keys are ......

...............when the choir or the soloist struggle with range.  It all depends on who you are playing for.

. . .Oh, were you saying something?!  You can't POSSIBLY expect to drop knowledge with THAT avatar up bruh.  :D  NICE!

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:58:41 AM »
. . .Oh, were you saying something?!  You can't POSSIBLY expect to drop knowledge with THAT avatar up bruh.  :D  NICE!

Back up Lyric.... >:( >:(....ya'll can't have my avatar......anybody here try to get with my avatar, and there's gonna be consequences and repercussions!!!!!!
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...
Pages: [1]   Go Up