LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MUST READ  (Read 1004 times)

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

MUST READ
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:59:11 PM »
I have read all types of stories on lgm. I rarely here people speak on hope or there testomonies. ?/?
Instead of talking about your church to us  and telling us what "leadership" is not doing, talk to us about how your helping your church, the community,and etc.
Let's build one-another up in christ. ;) ;)

**Just a thought to think about****
"vision to victory"

Offline ABMJ

• LGM Member
  • A. McNair Jr.
    • AMJministries

Re: MUST READ
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »
Amen! Amen! Amen Again!
IT's ALL ABOUT MINISTRY!

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:17:24 AM »
There is a sort of haven that I've found in this forum.

I think what you're talking about is a simple result of people having issues and they want to talk to their peers/contemporaries about how to resolve them.

I think of this as a place of refuge that I can seek advice and share my best practices. I'm sure no one wants to hear that my choir is the bomb and God truly took residence in my church every service, every song was SOOOO annointed etc...

Do we have a lot of negative stories in here? Probably but in every thread that I see I try to put a positive spin on it and I give my best advice from a distance approach.

MrSparrow

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »
I have read all types of stories on lgm. I rarely here people speak on hope or there testomonies. ?/?
Instead of talking about your church to us  and telling us what "leadership" is not doing, talk to us about how your helping your church, the community,and etc.
Let's build one-another up in christ. ;) ;)

**Just a thought to think about****

What's up RUT......  You are absolutely correct.  There are alot of (what seem to be) negative comment threads on the site.  I, however, would offer this observation:

I have found that this is one of the only vehicles to VENT some frustrating experinces I encounter in our ministry.  The great thing about this site is that we are talking with people that can identify with what we are talking about. 

This site, I'm sure, has encouraged many to deal with their frustrations in a positive and faith-based manner.  We all know that everything that happens in the church community is not "inspiring" or "positive".  In my opinion, most of the members try to keep it real on the site, without being too negative about their experiences and co-workers in Christ.

I've been on the site for a year...and I see more "positive/testimony" posts, than "negative/complain" posts.  That's just me though.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 05:23:32 PM »
What's up RUT......  You are absolutely correct.  There are alot of (what seem to be) negative comment threads on the site.  I, however, would offer this observation:

I have found that this is one of the only vehicles to VENT some frustrating experinces I encounter in our ministry.  The great thing about this site is that we are talking with people that can identify with what we are talking about. 

This site, I'm sure, has encouraged many to deal with their frustrations in a positive and faith-based manner.  We all know that everything that happens in the church community is not "inspiring" or "positive".  In my opinion, most of the members try to keep it real on the site, without being too negative about their experiences and co-workers in Christ.

I've been on the site for a year...and I see more "positive/testimony" posts, than "negative/complain" posts.  That's just me though.
That sums it up for me, as well.

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 02:34:04 PM »
Don't get me wrong, THIS IS A GREAT SITE
I was just trying tell you what I see from  afar
don't take it personal I love to hear your stories and tell you what I will do if i was in that situation but,
 at the same token at least you can say
"sunday was great, let me tell you how i made it." or something of that nature
as i repeat THIS ON THE THE GREATEST SITES ON THE NET.
"vision to victory"

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »
Don't get me wrong, THIS IS A GREAT SITE
I was just trying tell you what I see from  afar
don't take it personal I love to hear your stories and tell you what I will do if i was in that situation but,
 at the same token at least you can say
"sunday was great, let me tell you how i made it." or something of that nature
as i repeat THIS ON THE THE GREATEST SITES ON THE NET.

It's all good.....it's seldom personal on LGM....however, by using the word "INSTEAD" , in your original post, one might conclude that you are opposed to the sharing of opinions on topics that are not OVERTLY positive (at first glance).

I respect your opinion though.....It's all love with the LGM FAM.
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...
Pages: [1]   Go Up