LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black History Month  (Read 675 times)

B_XALTED

Black History Month
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
In church yesterday (being that this was the first Sunday in Feb) did anyones Pastor, or leader mention Black History Month??? My Pastor never mentioned it.... I was just wondering ?/?

iamworship2006

Re: Black History Month
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:57:48 AM »
In church yesterday (being that this was the first Sunday in Feb) did anyones Pastor, or leader mention Black History Month??? My Pastor never mentioned it.... I was just wondering ?/?

YEP . we had readings from Authors and various political figures of the time of Civil Rights. Pastor did not even preach at 8am service just the readings by the staff. Then at 11am they had a collection of speeches and quotes by famouse African-Americans.

B_XALTED

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »
YEP . we had readings from Authors and various political figures of the time of Civil Rights. Pastor did not even preach at 8am service just the readings by the staff. Then at 11am they had a collection of speeches and quotes by famouse African-Americans.

Next week, I am speaking about Madam CJ Walker.... The inventor of the straightening comb... I am going to dress like her and speak her life. I cant wait.

Offline blessedhands80

• LGM Member
  • Kailyn Rose 9-4-07...MY BUNDLE OF JOY..

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »
My Pastor just reminded everybody about the Black History Program next week and about their roles..
My moms space...still under construction...stay tuned...
http://www.myspace.com/golden_designs

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
Next week, I am speaking about Madam CJ Walker.... The inventor of the straightening comb... I am going to dress like her and speak her life. I cant wait.

Don't forget she was the first black (female) millionaire. :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline LisaE

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »
Salem Baptist Church (in Chicago, Illinois), Rev Senator James T. Meeks had a video presentation of King High School, named after Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.. The video had students present information on Dr. King, plus video clips of the civil rights era. I believe they are going to continue doing this each Sunday, showing a school named after an African American that made contributions to society.
Plus I noticed the choir was dressed in African clothing.
Keep on practicing! Keep on playing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up