LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro's and Con's of marrying an ex-Con?  (Read 9623 times)

Offline chrissssssss

• LGM Member
  • nice to see yall too

Pro's and Con's of marrying an ex-Con?
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:40:23 PM »
please try to be serious.
"in jesus name amen"

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

Re: Pro's and Con's of marrying an ex-Con?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:55:51 PM »
 :-X :-\ ?/?--- WHY?

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »
What pro's could their be?

Then you said ex-con, what are they ding with their life now?

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:27:28 PM »
What pro's could their be?

Then you said ex-con, what are they ding with their life now?

RIGHT!! They are an EX-con

I don't think I'd like to continuously be labeled by what I did in the past, especially if I repented of it, and God has forgiven me & cleasned me from that sin. No, I would not like the EX title---- an ex-theif, or an ex-liar, or an ex-racist, or an ex-drunk, or an ex-fornicator, or an ex-adulterer, or an ex-cheater....I could go one.

The pros and cons are the same as with ANYONE! If that person is the person you feel that God is leading you to be with, then one should not focus on the pros and cons just because he or she has a past----the truth of the matter, we all have a past! If we were to be honest, most of us would agree, the only difference between us who have never went to jail and the one who has served time is that we never got caught for our crime.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »
At least they know the best security system to put on the house ;D

www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
I agree with SisterT on this one.  Ex-cons are people just like us, so you need to say what are the pros and cons of marrying anybody?
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »

Again, not laughing....Oh, again, not funny.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »
The only thing we have going for us is the "Blood of Jesus" so I guess we all would be considerred Ex-cons.
:)

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »
RIGHT!! They are an EX-con

The pros and cons are the same as with ANYONE! If that person is the person you feel that God is leading you to be with, then one should not focus on the pros and cons just because he or she has a past----the truth of the matter, we all have a past! If we were to be honest, most of us would agree, the only difference between us who have never went to jail and the one who has served time is that we never got caught for our crime.

Amen and Amen again

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 02:26:02 PM »
Again, not laughing....Oh, again, not funny.

This is not LearnComedyActs.com so cut me some slack! :D :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »
This is not LearnComedyActs.com so cut me some slack! :D :D

So, stop trying your material out on us:D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »

So, stop trying your material out on us:D

Yeah yeah.....I'll put up the white flag :D

Offline ReddGirl

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Keep on smiling!

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 12:03:59 AM »

Ya'll aint right!!!!

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 06:11:25 AM »
......a group called tower of power penned these lyrics!

It's not the crime....
It's not the thought....
It's not the theif.....
It's if you get caught!!!!

...the biggest problem with people is that we are creatures of habit!
We tend to do the wrong stuff over and over and over!....

the problem with marrying an ex-con is simply that you will kick yourself harder when they revert back to their errant ways...(because you can say..."I knew this would happen!!")

....for marrying anyone else.....you just have the luxury of ignorance!....since they never got caught....you will be totally suprised when they do the same exact thing the ex-con did!

.....the funny thing is that ex-cons...and saved folks are drawn to the same place!......CHURCH!

Hmmmmmm???? ;D

Offline Furious Styles

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
It takes special people anointed by God to get married. If the person has shown that they are truly rehabilitated then why should there be pros or cons or even ex put in front of something that is the past. I thank God he isn't like us. Humans love to tell what someone else did but forget our steel beams that are still in our eyes. I thank God that I didn't get caught up cause it could've easily happened.
Ignorance is Bliss

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
Define "ex-Con".

Flavor Flav is an ex-Con.  So is Nelson Mandela.  So is Martha Stewart.

When you say ex-Con, you probably have an image of a doo-rag wearing, muscle-bound brother coming out of prison who's trying to resist the urge to start dealing again.  Actually, ex-Con technically means a wide variety of individuals.

Anyway, to answer the question, a positive is that you can marry a wonderful person who's been to rock bottom and refuses to go back.

A negative is that you can unknowingly marry a con man for life who can't help themselves from going back to the pen.  Another negative is the stigma associated with "ex-Con".  However, if you're the type of person who cares about what random people say about your relationship, you're marriage isn't going to last no matter who you marry.

thatsmeonthemike

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »
Define "ex-Con".

Flavor Flav is an ex-Con.  So is Nelson Mandela.  So is Martha Stewart.

When you say ex-Con, you probably have an image of a doo-rag wearing, muscle-bound brother coming out of prison who's trying to resist the urge to start dealing again.  Actually, ex-Con technically means a wide variety of individuals.

Anyway, to answer the question, a positive is that you can marry a wonderful person who's been to rock bottom and refuses to go back.

A negative is that you can unknowingly marry a con man for life who can't help themselves from going back to the pen.  Another negative is the stigma associated with "ex-Con".  However, if you're the type of person who cares about what random people say about your relationship, you're marriage isn't going to last no matter who you marry.

You made some very good points, playhear

God gives us common sense.  Just because a serial killer is reformed, that doesn't make him a good mate.  I say no.  I wouldn't wish that kind of person on my worse enemy.  I see so many women and men marrying ex cons and ex crack addicts, I just don't get it.  I feel like God has something better in store for me, he will give you/me the desires of your/my heart.  My heart desires something more than a "ex" child molester or rapists.  I guess the politically correct thing to say is "the past is the past and God has forgiven them so I'll marry the man or woman that murdered and raped 3 kids 10 years ago".  But why would any good woman or man want to deal with that.  Like I said before, God has something better in store for me.   

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 05:21:29 PM »
My heart desires something more than a "ex" child molester or rapists.  I guess the politically correct thing to say is "the past is the past and God has forgiven them so I'll marry the man or woman that murdered and raped 3 kids 10 years ago".  But why would any good woman or man want to deal with that.  Like I said before, God has something better in store for me.  

Well, that's your heart's desire, but some people don't really care about past stuff.  They love the person for who they are right now, you can't knock them for that.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 08:50:56 PM »
You made some very good points, playhear

God gives us common sense.  Just because a serial killer is reformed, that doesn't make him a good mate.  I say no.  I wouldn't wish that kind of person on my worse enemy.  I see so many women and men marrying ex cons and ex crack addicts, I just don't get it.  I feel like God has something better in store for me, he will give you/me the desires of your/my heart.  My heart desires something more than a "ex" child molester or rapists.  I guess the politically correct thing to say is "the past is the past and God has forgiven them so I'll marry the man or woman that murdered and raped 3 kids 10 years ago".  But why would any good woman or man want to deal with that.  Like I said before, God has something better in store for me.   

IMHO that says you still view the person who has a past for who or what they USE TO BE. What if God did the same with you? What if he withheld his blessings from you because of the things you did in the past?

I thank God he is the God of another chance...cause man....my Lord, help us!

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 10:07:22 PM »
The saints did have a little problem with Paul but they got over it. I know some brothers in the church that were in prison. They are good brothers and some have gotten married and their wives seem to be happy. There is a sister at my church that used to be on crack but she got saved and is married. Im sure brothers would be trying to holler if she was single. Now a sister in church that is still struggling with crack Im not sure I would marry her.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up