LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Feed Off of Bishop Cole's MOM Question...  (Read 1523 times)

Offline temejo1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Hello LGM!

To Feed Off of Bishop Cole's MOM Question...
« on: October 28, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »
Why do MOMs feel like they have to play all of the time?  Just because you are the MOM doesn't mean you have to play.  That means you have proven yourself to be worthy of the position.  Focus on your duties and let the other musicians play.  Geeeesh!  :-\
Don't take my kindness for weakness!
http://www.facebook.com/bamagirl4real

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

Re: To Feed Off of Bishop Cole's MOM Question...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:26:38 AM »
I'm trying to convice ours to take a Sunday off every now and then. He has 2 other pianist, one of which is a 14 year old who can play drums and keys viciously!!! 

He's easing back a little now

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 11:24:05 AM »
Sounds like you two just have some negative personal experiences with this issue. As a former MoM, I never played especially since I'm not that good.....yet, but you couldn't keep me from directing the choir.

My MoM NEVER plays, but he does do most of the leads to songs. One, because he wrote them. Two, because he brings the necessary energy that the PASTOR needs every Sunday. Believe me, when he's NOT there, there's a drop-off, unfortunately. (and I haven't shared with him that I may be able to assist in that area, but oh well.)

:D ;D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
No for me its not negative, its more the man just needs to rest every now and then!!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »
No for me its not negative, its more the man just needs to rest every now and then!!!

Cool.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline temejo1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Hello LGM!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 01:55:23 PM »
Well, not really negative, but more or less ego.  A lot of the MOMs I know feel like if they are not playing, they are not doing their job, or the service is not what it should be without them playing.
Don't take my kindness for weakness!
http://www.facebook.com/bamagirl4real

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »
There's not enough humility in the church.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »
Well, not really negative, but more or less ego.  A lot of the MOMs I know feel like if they are not playing, they are not doing their job, or the service is not what it should be without them playing.

shoot, my M.O.M. is trying to have me lead service on my guitar :-\ :D  I think he rather enjoys singing :D ;)

B_XALTED

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 08:17:37 AM »
Why do MOMs feel like they have to play all of the time?  Just because you are the MOM doesn't mean you have to play.  That means you have proven yourself to be worthy of the position.  Focus on your duties and let the other musicians play.  Geeeesh!  :-\

Thats why I only play the drums... LOL.... I just sit in the back twirlin my stix, and let dem fools battle it out.

Offline musicman205

• LGM Member
  • The Minister, Psalmist, and Musician

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 03:49:25 PM »
Well at my home church our minister of music plays on occassion but 90% of sunday services he directs and sings. Usually wednesday night is the only service that he plays entirely. We have 3 other keyboardists. On a normal sunday our MOM directs and with the accompaniment of keyboard, organ, bass, ect. Our other keyboardist handles the keys at our churches second campus on sundays.
To God be the Glory!!!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 04:50:44 PM »
My MOM, doesn't play, so we don't have this problem.  She'll hop on the drums if the drummer's MIA, but that's about it. 

I think for some people it's hard to let go for fear that the ones coming up under you will be better than you... not always, but sometimes this is the case.

uniquepraise

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »
Thats why I only play the drums... LOL.... I just sit in the back twirlin my stix, and let dem fools battle it out.

We gonna put a mike up there and let you sand too girl!  I have too sing and play the keys no reason why the drummer cant sing and play too rotfl
Pages: [1]   Go Up