LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do when you're on a cd project as lead soloist...  (Read 1041 times)

Offline brosie

• LGM Member

What to do when you're on a cd project as lead soloist...
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »
I am new to this, and I feel like a sheep being led by the nose.My ideas are consistantly cut down.I offer to help with songwriting and I am made to feel like thats not my job. I offer to help with clerical duties, anything to feel useful and I am told to just come along for the ride, that it's not my job. I have a song or two that I want to write...and they are relegated to interludes...I want to know what I am supposed to do, I am not putting any money up,this venture is solely the record labels... the record label is new,and they say that I am family but they're treating me like a redheaded stepchild... myproducers and I are supposed to be friends in Christ...the person they want to write my songs has used some of my ideas in songs b4 and I feltl like I had been cast aside afterwards.I am very reticent about even speaking because I have experienced hearing my words come forth VERBATIM out of their mouth...in short, this is a talented person but a spiritual vampire...As a singer, am I supposed to just shut up and sing?Anyone here that has any knowledge of this relationship, please let me know...I really want to do this, but I wanna do it in order...I want to be able to serve God, serve my fellow artists...serve my friends..but it feels like I am pushing past my limits as the soloist...I keep thinking though, this is my voice that's gonna be put out there....should I just be quiet and recieve the songs...what????I am so hurt inside because I just cant seem to understand why my enthusiiasm is being met with such indifference.Sorry y'all... pray for me.

Offline -SOULJAH4JC-

• LGM Member

Re: What to do when you're on a cd project as lead soloist...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:46:10 PM »
I think if its making u really unhappy that u should leave that "CD PROJECT" and search for a place where they will accept not only ur voice but ur idea's too!!! God works in mysterious way's and this is a BLESSING IN DISGUISE....PRAY HARDOUT n ask GOD wat HE WANTS!!! for your life and it will be done!!!
but just knw that it will get easier!!! If u dnt want to leave the group, then VOICE wat u r feeling inside...i know that its easier said then done.....BUT "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME"....PHILIPIANS 13 VERSE 4.
GOD BLESS N B BLESSED

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »
Nice post Souljah (especially for your first).  Welcome to LGM by the way! :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline -SOULJAH4JC-

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 10:56:34 PM »
THANX VTGUY84....I REALLY FEEL WELCOME.....THANX!!! ;D
GOD BLESS N B BLESSED

Offline brosie

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 12:00:34 AM »
Thank U Sistah Souljah...I do believe God has complete control of my life and I believe that He can give me favor where no one else will...Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, I know they were from our Father!I was voicing what I felt I could not voice because I had let them know in so many words you know?God has been working on me to be wise in saying what needs to be said and I felt so lost...because I usually just say what ever it is I feel...I need to sing...He has blessed me with a voice...I have to sing of His glory because that is what is most urgent in my spirit...I believe God opened this door...I just sing about it, I wanna praise His name...if they dont wanna come on board///and y'all know how some musicians can get///...they will just have to get on off this ride( or I'll have to get off, whichever way it goes) cuz I aint going no where without God at the forefront....I love God's word and I love His people...I cant think of anything better to sing about!I will continue to pray girl...HARDOUT... I am strengthened by the God of all creation...who can stand against me?LOL!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up