LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youth fund raiser?  (Read 414 times)

Offline praznhim06

• LGM Member
  • Sing unto the Lord a new song... Psalm 96:1

Youth fund raiser?
« on: April 21, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »
We have a very very small youth group and the church members don't like to participate (most of them) although there are some we can count on but they are the same ones all the time.  I need some fund raiser ideas can you guys help me?
"Doing God's work, God's Way"

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

Re: Youth fund raiser?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »
My opinion.......first thing you need to do is get your Pastor involved.  Without his support, no idea will work.....no matter how good it is.  Does he, (or she?)  support you?
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline praznhim06

• LGM Member
  • Sing unto the Lord a new song... Psalm 96:1

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »
My opinion.......first thing you need to do is get your Pastor involved.  Without his support, no idea will work.....no matter how good it is.  Does he, (or she?)  support you?
We have a youth pastor who is very much involved but I am the youth director and she leaves it up to me, I have been doing this for years but some things get old and tiresome especially when you are doing most of the work (leg work) yourself.
"Doing God's work, God's Way"

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »
Pledges for the kids doing activities... IE: We did a youth car-wash and got pledges for each car washed.  This works especially well with younger children.
My daughter collected $200 in donations and pledges herself.

Most pledged $.025 a car, then people like her granny just gave $20.00 cause she didn't want her baby out there in the heat...LOL!

The car wash was free, I think we washed more than 100 cars the first year, the second year, it was threatening to rain, and we did less than 60 cars.

Advise do it in a part of town, where there is a bit of money, folks tend to give donations at the free events.

-----------

Selling coupon books.

Youth Sponsored Golf Tournaments

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »
Parents Night Out.

If you have some older Youth, Teens preferably, have them advertise to the congregation, that one night that you designate, they will babysit the younger children, ofcourse you and the youth staff would be present, it consist of them bringing their children to the church fellowship hall or somewhere like that. The Teens would have games and activities, to keep the children busy, while mom and dad have a romantic evening, you could charge a fee and accept donations.

Pages: [1]   Go Up