LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Do you cut your cell phone off church or leave on in church or put phone on silient?

LEAVE ON IN CHURCH
1 (1.5%)
CUT OFF IN CHURCH
21 (31.3%)
PUT PHONE ON SILIENT IN CHURCH
16 (23.9%)
PUT PHONE ON VIBRATE IN CHURCH
29 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Bizzy

• LGM Member

Re: CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:20 AM »
Tell ya whats wild,,,I have a NEXTEL and when its on silent/vibrate it makes a loud TICKING noise that comes through my guitar amp. So I KEEP MINE OFFFFFFFFFF....

BIZZY
Don't burn a bridge....You may have to cross that same bridge again!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 08:23:20 AM »
I leave mine on back in the office in Sunday School.  1 or 2 Teachers always call it to say they're running late or not coming.  Once I go to the sanctuary I turn it off or on vibrate.  I don't answer it either way.

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »
I always keep my phone on vibrate....because the last time I kept my phone in the car, my bishop passed away after the midweek service and i frantically ran to my car to get it...

This is not to be mean...but what could you do to help him?...see, that's another way the enemy keeps us under "lock down".... excuses that we sincerely believe in our hearts are good reasons!

I was in service when someone near and dear to me passed away. My cell phone was in the car. I AM THANKFUL!!  If I had noticed the phone # vibrating during the service, it would have alerted me because they knew not to call me at such an hour. Thusly, my worship would have been distracted. Now, had I answered the call, I would have been too upset to go back into the service.........again, who do you think was behind all of that....satan! Beware of the schemes of the enemy. TURN THOSE CELL PHONES OFF!  The person who you are leaving the phone on for is the person you have placed higher than God----OUCH!

Vibrate--IMHO---is just like leaving the phone on----most of you will still be distracted by the vibration and will look to see who is calling. The you will make a decision if you will retun the call or not. And as stated---OTHERS CAN STILL HEAR YOUR PHONE VIBRATING!!

Nakia518

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
This is not to be mean...but what could you do to help him?...see, that's another way the enemy keeps us under "lock down".... excuses that we sincerely believe in our hearts are good reasons!

I was in service when someone near and dear to me passed away. My cell phone was in the car. I AM THANKFUL!!  If I had noticed the phone # vibrating during the service, it would have alerted me because they knew not to call me at such an hour. Thusly, my worship would have been distracted. Now, had I answered the call, I would have been too upset to go back into the service.........again, who do you think was behind all of that....satan! Beware of the schemes of the enemy. TURN THOSE CELL PHONES OFF!  The person who you are leaving the phone on for is the person you have placed higher than God----OUCH!

Putting up the Baptist cloaking device and leaving the room.....
Madea T done laid the Gun on the Table and there is PEACE!!!!!!!!

Put me in Ab..... I'm shouting my way outta here....

Offline expectations

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 09:03:35 AM »
During church services I leave my phone in the car.  I go out and check it after church.  Most people know that I am at church all day on Sunday so I usually do not have many missed phone calls. 
Rejoice in the Lord always, Again I say rejoice !!

Offline pumpitump

• LGM Member
  • hi!

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:51 AM »
Vibrate
im blessed

Offline alquarles

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Guess where....lol
    • Grace Emmanuel Church

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »
I had a pastor come to my church and just before giving the benediction, his cell phone went off.  He just picked up the phone and answered while we was still in service.  My mouth dropped...... :o
It's time to LET GO and LET GOD....

Offline sybesq

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Christian Romance/Pulsating Suspense

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »
Sister T - I thoroughly agree with all comments you've made on this topic.  Maybe it's just the pastor's wife in me.  ;D ;D ;D  I just want to say that, as an attorney, I'm called upon to do real estate closings at all hours of the day and night.  But, when I'm in church, the phone is off.  If I miss a closing opportunity because of it, I'm okay with that.  I know that God will provide whatever we need according to his riches in glory.  I also don't knowingly take closings that conflict with church services, because I don't want anything to come between me and Jesus.  I say "knowingly" because, occasionally, a closing runs a lot longer than I had anticipated and I end up having to be late for service.  Unless I know that I am going to completely miss the service, however, I still make an attempt to get to the church for whatever Word I can hear before it's over.  Jesus and his Church are my life, not just a part of it...  God bless.
Sybil Bates McCormack, Lawyer/Writer/Minister's Wife/Mom
http://sybilbatesmccormack.wordpress.com

Offline sporty_43607

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 10:47:56 AM »
I turn mine off.  Anyone of importance that would call me is right there in service with me (namely my girls) so there is no need for my phone to be on.  As someone else stated, that's why they invented voicemail  :-\

We have corporate prayer and there is nothing more annoying than being in prayer and a cell phone(s) goes off!!  And then, while the culprit is at the alter (supposedly) praying, they answer the phone right there!!!  On that such occasion, this person just so happened to have been crying out saying (and I kid you not) Oh Lord, we're calling on you!  Well I guess the Lord was returning the call cuz shortly after he said that, his phone rang!!  That was a wild coincidence yet still annoying

So I am totally for turning them off
I Can Do All Things Through Christ

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 11:50:22 AM »
Tell ya whats wild,,,I have a NEXTEL and when its on silent/vibrate it makes a loud TICKING noise that comes through my guitar amp. So I KEEP MINE OFFFFFFFFFF....

BIZZY

Yeah, my phone causes a loud ticking noise to come through my keyboard amp! This has happened during rehearsals and it's very distracting!
Romans 1:16

Offline Gina2

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »
I believe that cellphones really should not even be brought to church, but if so they should be turned off upon entering the church.  If it's that important they can come to church were you are or they can call later. ;D
Blessed!!!!

Offline MikeGee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My wife is over my right shoulder.
    • my out of church band

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »
My cell phone goes in vibe, it has never went off since I've seperated from an xgirlfriend. She was the only one that would call me during church.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 12:26:43 PM »
My cell phone goes in vibe, it has never went off since I've seperated from an xgirlfriend. She was the only one that would call me during church.

Is that why she's an ex¿ hahahaha
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline lumbebear1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A Merry Heart makes Good Medicine

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 12:58:48 PM »
Before cell phones what did people do.....let's go back to that, it seemed to work out okay!

Pagers......................Most Funeral Directors leave there's on vibrate

Offline Divinecalling1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just me!

CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 06:00:05 PM »
I think each person knows their specific needs, if you think you need to have your phone with you by all means bring it with you being curteous (of course) of the fact that you are in a worship service.  For instance if you have a sick child at home, family members in trouble, or parent near death or you are on call from work, keep your phone on vibrate instead of silent, use your own discretion...you know your needs. 

I think a Preacher who answers his phone while he is heading a service is more ignorant than anything. 

Before we had cell phones people would call the church and the usher would call you to the phone.  And with all due respect I don't believe every thing that happens is the devil.  I think we give him waayyyy to much credit.

There are 2 lies in particular that the devil is a master at manipulating people into believing.  One has to do with having time ...which we all know and the other big lie is that everything that happen is his fault so we glorify him by blaming him for every every everything.  Some things like flat tires (without a spare), or not paying your electric bill on time and it being turned off is not the devil...it is poor planning.  Stop Giving him so much credit....... :)

God Bless,

Signed by the
Apostle DivineCallings (Husband)
Romans 8:18 For  The suffering is not worthy to be compared to the GGGGLLLLLOOOOOORRRRYYYYY!!!

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »
Even though I have mine on vibrate, I think we should all keep it off.  Myself especially.  It can hinder God from giving you a blessing.  Your attention can be misguided from god if your phone is ringing during service.
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

uniquepraise

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »
Mine is on silent and on the other side of the building with my family so even if someone did all me I wouldnt be able to answer or return a call until after service.  I have texted messaged before in service but was convicted because I knew I wasnt focused so to the back of the church it goes. ;D

Offline Samala

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »
I think people should turn them off. Even if its on vibrate or silent, you still feel the urge to look at it to see if any calls were missed. Its a distraction to the owner, as well as the people around them, and to constantly look at a cell phone is disrespectful to the speaker.

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
Even though I have mine on vibrate, I think we should all keep it off.  Myself especially.  It can hinder God from giving you a blessing.  Your attention can be misguided from god if your phone is ringing during service.

If that's the case, not only church (where not necessarily the only time we are receiving from God) but during our sleep, and our devotional time, and in the car (he may speak through the song we are listening to, etc. etc. etc.

....might need my armor for this one
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »
Vibrate... I only step away to answer it if it is my son calling... other than that... I don't answer it...

My question right here is, why isn't your son in church with you?  ;)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up