LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Do you cut your cell phone off church or leave on in church or put phone on silient?

LEAVE ON IN CHURCH
1 (1.5%)
CUT OFF IN CHURCH
21 (31.3%)
PUT PHONE ON SILIENT IN CHURCH
16 (23.9%)
PUT PHONE ON VIBRATE IN CHURCH
29 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????  (Read 6214 times)

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????
« on: April 17, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »
This is something that has become a pressing issue in the church now. How many people actually keep your cell phone on or off or on silient or put it on vibrate while in church service? I really would like to know the answer to this million dollar question! ;)   Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: CELL PHONE OFF OR ON IN CHURCH?????
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »
Well 'bishopcole',

I always attempt to lock my phone off before I enter into the sanctuary, but as I am only human like others who attend our church, the church secretary always during the opening of service asks members and visitors to lock there phones off our put it on silent.

There is also a notice on the door before enter, this has seemed to work for the past year or so.... :D

PianoWiz... 

Offline praizeHim

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://facebook.com/SistersInSuccess

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:21:04 PM »
My answer may not count because I have to have my phone on for communications.  But I do keep it on vibrate as not to disturb folk who may be close to the media area.

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »
it is best to keep it off as to not disturb you during service, but at least put it on silent or vibrate so it does not disturb others .

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »
I have mine off cause when I work with the sound, it will affect the cordless mic recievers big time.
MERCY EN!!

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:41:38 PM »
Unless you're expecting a phone call from Jesus, turn it off :D When I saw this post, it reminded me of a time when I went to some church and there was a minister in the pulpit and his cell phone rang....was it a regular ring....NO!!!! it was a rap song....can't remember what it was, but the sad part is, he actually stepped out of the pulpit,  stood on the side of the choir stand, answered the phone and carried on a least a 5 minute conversation with the person who called ::)
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »
The correct answer is vibrate mode.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:21:24 PM »
The correct answer is vibrate mode.
lol, you crazy.  "The correct answer..."  :D

Offline playhear

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Shock and awe" was just for Iraq...or was it?

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:26:23 PM »
lol, you crazy.  "The correct answer..."  :D

Haha

But the vibrate mode on some of you guys' phones is by no means silent.  You know who you are.  When I say vibrate mode, I assume that also means silent.

Offline SisterSteinway88

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:38:26 PM »
I have mine off cause when I work with the sound, it will affect the cordless mic recievers big time.
Yeah, as a musician I've learned to just leave my phone in the car because that noise it makes with the speakers is just not very conducive to the Spirit.

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 08:40:16 PM »
One thing I just absolutely cannot stand is a minister, broke and needing to take up offereings, telling you that you need to give . . . . and he has a cell phone hanging from his belt!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

OOOOOOOOO, that gets to me something awful!  :(  :(

But yes, I firmly beleive that if you are going to have a pager or cell phone in your possession at church, set it to vibrate and set it to save your messages. And tell anyone that may contact you that you are at church at you are not to be bothered except for emergencies.

If you are not a surgeon needed to perform a life-saving procedure, turn your communications system completely off.

I have to carry a pager from time to time for my job, and I just stay at home during those times, rather than disturb the church.

Joshua 1: 7, 8

Nakia518

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »
Vibrate... I only step away to answer it if it is my son calling... other than that... I don't answer it...

Offline SisterT

• Senior Moderator
  • LGM Member
  • New Look, Still Divalicious!
    • Earnest and Roline Ministries

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »
Before cell phones what did people do.....let's go back to that, it seemed to work out okay!

I have a sick child with needs and I don't leave my cell phone on for her. If an emergency arises, I figure things will work out just like they did before cell phones. No, I'm not a bad mother, I'm just not going to allow the enemy to make me believe that's a good EXCUSE to have my phone on.

We make so many excuses as to why we should have the phone on, when really we are not giving God our UNDIVIDED attention.

I refuse to step away to answer the phone for ANYONE. If it's not on, I won't be tempted by it, nor will I wonder if it is a real emergency. Come on you are only in service a few hours...TURN THOSE THINGS OFF!  How many times have your kids called you and it was not a REAL emergency....who do you think was clapping their hands because they succeeded in getting you to step out or leave a worship service, not getting all of your blessing....let me give you a hint..... satan.

Offline certify

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 09:06:51 PM »
Before cell phones what did people do.....let's go back to that, it seemed to work out okay!

I have a sick child with needs and I don't leave my cell phone on for her. If an emergency arises, I figure things will work out just like they did before cell phones. No, I'm not a bad mother, I'm just not going to allow the enemy to make me believe that's a good EXCUSE to have my phone on.

We make so many excuses as to why we should have the phone on, when really we are not giving God our UNDIVIDED attention.

I refuse to step away to answer the phone for ANYONE. If it's not on, I won't be tempted by it, nor will I wonder if it is a real emergency. Come on you are only in service a few hours...TURN THOSE THINGS OFF!  How many times have your kids called you and it was not a REAL emergency....who do you think was clapping their hands because they succeeded in getting you to leave a worship service....let me give you a hint..... satan.

Sister T, Tell it like it tis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satan is very cunning. Thanks for pointing that out. I can remeber going to a wedding that was running behind schedule, and in the church, that's all you heard; phones going off(rap tunes). When it started, one of the bride's maid step out to answer her phone(none emer.) and just shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't care and said it's not my wedding.

I don't take mine to church.
We all sin, we falter, but God forgives.

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 10:23:22 PM »

I refuse to step away to answer the phone for ANYONE. If it's not on, I won't be tempted by it, nor will I wonder if it is a real emergency. Come on you are only in service a few hours...TURN THOSE THINGS OFF!  How many times have your kids called you and it was not a REAL emergency....who do you think was clapping their hands because they succeeded in getting you to step out or leave a worship service, not getting all of your blessing....let me give you a hint..... satan.

AMEN and AMEN and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave my cell phone on during church .....and IT STAYS IN MY CAR!!!!! I figure anyone who calls me on a Sunday morning obviously doesn't know me well enough to know that I'm ALWAYS in church during that time, so I don't really need to talk to them anyway (it's probably a bill collector). People should respect church enough to KNOW not to leave their cell phones on. Cell phones ringing in church absolutely disgust me!!
Romans 1:16

Offline axeman1

• LGM Member
  • No weapon means.....N-O-O-O WEAPON!!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:16 PM »
This is something that has become a pressing issue in the church now. How many people actually keep your cell phone on or off or on silient or put it on vibrate while in church service? I really would like to know the answer to this million dollar question! ;)   Bishop Cole

On silent, so you can check later to see who would be calling you when they should know that you're in church. ::) ;D  I work in the home medical field so I am required to be on-call during church service quite often so I can't turn my phone off. I just make a point to check the call log every few minutes throughout the service.
I am what God says I am, no less and no more.

Offline mizzshan

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • One Preachin' Woman of God...
    • http://www.lponline2k4.com

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 01:54:58 AM »
I would put mine on silent...this is why they invent Voice Mail....so if it aint important this is what voice mail is for...
In all things give thanks. :)

Offline blessedone

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Sister in Christ

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 06:40:02 AM »
I think it should be put on silent. There is nothing like an annoying sound while the preacher is preaching.
Without wood a fire goes out;without gossip a quarrel dies down
www.truefellowshipbc.org

Offline ohio_choirdirector

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 06:59:44 AM »
I would put mine on silent...this is why they invent Voice Mail....so if it aint important this is what voice mail is for...

That is exactly why it shuold be off and not on silent. Silent(vibrate) still leaves the want to answer it. It if is off then you can still receive voicemails.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteusness and all things shall be added unto you"

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:05 AM »
I always keep my phone on vibrate....because the last time I kept my phone in the car, my bishop passed away after the midweek service and i frantically ran to my car to get it...
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up