LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I recompose music!!!! But my friend says "It's not from your heart?????  (Read 751 times)

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

I do a lot of recomposition when I teach the youth choir at my church. But I have this friend who when she hears some of my stuff she'll say somethin' like "It's not pure, or you're giving something to the Lord that is somebody elses. She'll go so far as to comparing my music to her music saying stuf like "See this is what God gave ME.
I don' feel any way convicted while I'm changing stuff so I go right ahead and go 'head ;D :D :) ;)
I Love You!!!

Offline psi-boy

• LGM Member

;D

Ok. I am like you in the since that I try to bring music that is interesting and fitting for the youth choir at our church. I don't think that I can do anything without Christ. No one can! Whether you are writing or re-arranging a song, Christ has to be the person who is getting all the glory. If you are doing music for his glory, then keep on keeping on. Everyone is not going to like your music. YOu don't like everyone's music, but just remember "ONE BODY"!!!

Shear

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Without having the ability to read a sample of one of your recompositions, it's hard to comment on what the intent is of both you and the person who has a problem.

Are you taking  a song and making it relevant to/for the youth of your church; while at the same time, making sure that God is glorified; or are you just changing some words?

I'm just asking.  :)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

That's the thing, I do a lot more work changing things around. I don' just change some of the words (that's not really rewriting to me) I take the time out to make it my by taking some things from over here some from over there you know just generally working on the whole song not just the words, that's how you make it a new piece of work!!!!
I Love You!!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

That's the thing, I do a lot more work changing things around. I don' just change some of the words (that's not really rewriting to me) I take the time out to make it my by taking some things from over here some from over there you know just generally working on the whole song not just the words, that's how you make it a new piece of work!!!!

So, what you're saying is you're an arranger.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Bruh Kell

• LGM Member

If that's what you want to call it, yea!!!!!
My ear can put stuff together from different places when I'm away from my Keyboard or the Organ and when I can sit down at it stuff just keeps coming in.
I Love You!!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

If that's what you want to call it, yea!!!!!
My ear can put stuff together from different places when I'm away from my Keyboard or the Organ and when I can sit down at it stuff just keeps coming in.

Well, Praise the Lord, because that is truly a gift!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up