LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JOEY OSCAR?!?!?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline mordecai

• LGM Member

JOEY OSCAR?!?!?
« on: February 24, 2006, 08:57:02 PM »
 ??? ???What did people think about his approach on the SHEDZ DVD? Man I was kind of confused at his approach I'm sure he has great ideas but he seemed somewhat uncomfortable at times especially with sticking those phrases in some of those songs. Has anyone ever seen him blaze a track or shed?? Not to start a flame war...just curious.

Offline MODERN_DRUMMER

• LGM Member

Re: JOEY OSCAR?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:59:44 PM »
hmmmm me too, how is he?

CATRON

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
??? ???What did people think about his approach on the SHEDZ DVD? Man I was kind of confused at his approach I'm sure he has great ideas but he seemed somewhat uncomfortable at times especially with sticking those phrases in some of those songs. Has anyone ever seen him blaze a track or shed?? Not to start a flame war...just curious.

I DIDN'T NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG WITH HIM. I HAVE BEEN SEEIN' HIM PLAY LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE THOUGH.

HOLLA

Offline depondrums

• LGM Member
  • GOD IS THE ONE AND ONLY JUDGE........

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 11:41:09 AM »
I PLAY TO THE GLORY OF GOD........

Offline Drum7

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »
Come to think of it I dont believe that I have heard him just blaze before. I'm sure he probably could but I never heard it. Maybe he prefers or feels more comfortable playing in the pocket and throwing fills in as opposed to outright soloing. Just a possibility I'm not sure though. But then again I'm listening to some track now that somebody previously uploaded and if I remember correctly it's Joey Oscar and and it's pretty nice but it's not an outright solo, just kinda grooving and throwing in fills
If HE brings you to it, HE'll bring you through it

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 03:23:05 PM »
Let's remember that solo can and should be structured just like your conversation. There should always be a point to you running your month.

If Joey has a controlled way of playing his solos and choses to stay in support of the song (imagine that...) then study his play an dquestion him why he makes such musical discisions so that you can grow from the listeing/interaction. Don't stumble around confused.

Everyone wants to say that solos are played from the heart. This is true. So if you have nothing of musical value i nyour heart the garbage of your truth comes out. Weckl, Vinnie, Dennis etc always have something to say relative to the musical conversation the solo is birthed from. Some folk here need to stop being rebellious and learn something about descentcy and order while they are using the pulpitt to audition for the Drum-off and pookie's next anointed CD that nobody will hear.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up