LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT ABOUT THE NEW ZILDJIAN ZHT's???  (Read 1143 times)

Eccentric-Rhythm

WHAT ABOUT THE NEW ZILDJIAN ZHT's???
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »
Ok, ya, they are not Cast...But according to Zildjian, these are the MOST advanced Sheet cymbal out there. So I guess its the closest we can get to professional, from an entry level cymbal....What do you think?

Worth the money?

God Bless.

j_kay

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »
Nope, they're probably some Scimitar/Scimitar Bronze/ZBT, etc. reincarnate cymbals!  *lol*

I'd stay away from them!  :)

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:29:30 PM »
Nope! The cymbals are going to be hot.  They are made out of a similar metal that some Meinl's are made out of which is B12 bronze. I mean...they we're made in conjuction with former Meinl artist, Marco Minneman, who is a beast in his own right (just for the record). B12 is more musical than B8 metal, but not as expensive as the B20. Also, the fact that it is sheet and not cast has nothing to do with sound. For example, Paiste Signatures are some of the best sounding cymbals money can buy. But guess what? Those are sheet, not cast.  ZHT's , if marketed right, will be a smash hit. The price point is right there with the XS-20's ($300 or so).
Peep the line-up:
20" Med. Ride
20" Rock Ride
20" Flat Ride (unheard of in this price range)
18" Crash Ride
8" and 10" splash
14",16", and 18" Fast Crash (unheard of in this range)
16" and 18" Medium-Thin Crash
16" and 18" Rock Crash
13" and 14" Hats
14" Mastersound hats (unheard of in this price range)
14" Rock hats
8" and 10" Mini-Hats (unheard of in this price range)
16" and 18" China
16" and 18" EFX (very different!)

They have more of a selction than anything in this price range. When they hit a store near you, go try them next to an XS-20, a ZXT, and something like a Zildjian A so that you can educate your ears. You can read this 100,000 times, but you won't know the difference until you hear them. Keep drumming! Yell back!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »
those mini hats as well as the efx cymbals have me interested...

j_kay

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 07:28:06 PM »
Educate my ears?!? Bwhahahahaha!!!  I had to laugh at that remark!  I am not sure if you are assuming that I (or Eccentric-Rhythm) are unaware that Paiste is not a cast bronze cymbal, you're sadly mistaken, brother.  

Paiste Signature (as well as the 2002s) are Paiste's 'bread and butter', but I can tell you that the ZHTs are nothing compared to those (Signature and 2002s)!  

If I wanted a cheap entry level cymbal, I would go and buy some.  Trust, you don't know what I (or anyone else onthe board, for that matter) own.  JFunky and Sabian Knight, you betta let 'em know...  *lol*

It's all love, though!   :D

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 09:50:52 AM »
For the record...I play A's A Customs & K's. I do not consider ZXT, B8's, or any of the other entry levels as anything worth while.

I must admit, what had my intrigued by the ZHT, is the mini hats and the efx....nothing more. I am also aware of all the cymbals out there, and how they are made. I definitely do not think that Zildjian is even trying to put ZHT above PRO series...they are pushing them as the best Entry or Intermediate level cymbal out there...and I wanted to check the opinion on that.

We shall all wait and see...

God Bless.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 01:53:41 AM »
B12 is what the Menl Generation X cymbals are made of : The old Marco Minemann, The Johnny Rabbs and the Thomas Lang's. B12 alloy is made for electronic and sampled music. It is supposed to sound like drum machine cymbal sounds etc... short decay and white noise.

Zildjian is just trying to make Marco happy and play catch up to Menl..
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

TheEvolution

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 07:49:49 AM »
Yo Sabe, I totally agree with u when u said that Zildjian is tryn to play catch up since they have Marco Minnemann. I was wondering when Zildjian was going to have some mini-hats, cause i used to see MM with mad sets of  Mini Hats when he was with Meinl......but i thought they were going to make them in the cast broze range.[/quote]

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 01:57:59 PM »
Quote from: TheEvolution
Yo Sabe, I totally agree with u when u said that Zildjian is tryn to play catch up since they have Marco Minnemann. I was wondering when Zildjian was going to have some mini-hats, cause i used to see MM with mad sets of  Mini Hats when he was with Meinl......but i thought they were going to make them in the cast broze range.
[/quote]

Cast bronze does not fit all the current music that Marco plays soundwise.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 10:00:28 PM »
does marco actually play the zht line or what? i mean, you can't help create them if you aren't going to play them. that would be like dave weckl making the evolution line then playing aax's or vinnie caliauta creating the a customs then sticking to k's. it is tight is he actually uses them though.....
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 08:52:04 AM »
j_kay....none of those comments were aimed at you or anyone else in particular. There are people who don't know the difference and may not know what they are buying. I'm just spreading knowledge to those who may want to know more.  All is said in love. Yell back!
Love God. Live Long.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 09:05:46 AM »
Quote from: min_amw
j_kay....none of those comments were aimed at you or anyone else in particular. There are people who don't know the difference and may not know what they are buying. I'm just spreading knowledge to those who may want to know more.  All is said in love. Yell back!

We love you too!! haha :lol: Thanks for your knowledge.

God Bless.

Offline stixbajan

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 10:15:06 PM »
i think he might have a clinic tour with them, but to actually use them gig after gig, i think is a no no...
Pages: [1]   Go Up