LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIG JEFF (LO) DAVIS OLD SCHOOL  (Read 1411 times)

Offline jdkells

• LGM Member

BIG JEFF (LO) DAVIS OLD SCHOOL
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 10:48:28 PM »
I'm 35yrs. old and have been playing for about 20yrs. 11 yrs ago i started working for one of the biggest music retail stores in the country. I had the chance to meet and hear some of the greatest drummers in the world.Billy Cobham, Dennis Chambers, Dave weckle, Virgil Donati, Tony Royster lives in the same town as my parents do in GA. so i met him at the age of 10yrs. old. And i have to say Jeff played at Hez Walker's 1st recording, on a song i believed titled "Tell of his Goodness" which to this day is one of the single greatest drum performances i have ever seen in my life. And the funny thing is that's not the version on the album.

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »
J. Davis! is definately one of my influences on drums for many years from the first  HEZ & LF (I'll MAKE IT ALBUM), EAST COAST REGIONAL MASS CHOIR,SOP,R.SMALLWOOD and many more. I had the opportunity to see him play,  live a couple years ago in Montclair, NJ man he was killing it on a simple 2/4. I talked to him after the concert he is humble ,sincere, anointed person with lot of experience and info.
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline hendoo

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
Drummercat THANKS FOR THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »
8O  8O  8O !!! Jeesh...my man Jeff is massive. I don't feel as bad being a big drummer now after this pick :) . Represent fo' da big boyeeezzz. Jeff must make his set look like a timbale and a set of bongos when he sits behind them. By the way, does anybody know what kind of drumset Jeff and Eddie were playing on James Hall's live in New York video?
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up