LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: End Times: Mark of the Beast  (Read 474 times)

Offline Praise_Productions

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • You just have to surrender to the music!!!!!!!!!!

End Times: Mark of the Beast
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:35:58 AM »
While I was surfing the net I ran across this article and I am sharing it.  We are in the last days and the mark of the beast is here.  Read this article.

BIONIC COMMERCE Tuesday is "implant day" at the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona ... stop in and have "an electronic credit card" inserted under your skin, reports Kevin Maney in USA Today. The device is "a slender glass capsule about as long as a dime is wide," writes Kevin, and is inserted via a syringe. "Inside sits a computer chip, which stores a unique code that can identify an individual," and "holds a tiny antenna, which can radio that code to a receiver many feet away." In short, "you become your own credit card," courtesy of a company called VeriChip, which "has dreams of going global with its 'human implantable ID technology,' -- once implanted, you could wave a body part to pay for a burger at Wendy's, a beer at a baseball game, or whatever." One drawback is that you can't turn it off. "Privacy groups are going to dog-pile on that one," Kevin predicts.

If that's not for you, perhaps BrainGate is. BrainGate is a device that will allow you "to control a computer just by thinking." Yes, it is implanted in one's brain -- and Cyberkinetics, its maker, last month won "federal approval to implant the chips in five paralyzed people as a test." The idea is to help paralyzed people, of course, but the vision is that BrainGate -- "essentially a mouse moved by brain waves" -- might one day find application in healthy people. The military, for example, "has visions of pilots flying planes by thought," Kevin notes. Raytheon, meanwhile, earlier this year introduced thermal-imaging cameras that enable night vision. Called the Thermal-Eye 2600AS, Raytheon says "the technology can keep getting smaller and better," perhaps to the point where "it could make regular eyeglasses into night-vision glasses, or even contact lenses."

In some cases, the computers-in-humans idea does a reverse commute. Such is the drill at Carnegie Mellon University, where researchers and drama students have collaborated to create a "roboceptionist." Her name is Valerie, and her head is projected on a "flat computer screen" that "sits on top of an industrial mobile robot that is always dressed" like a "typical corporate receptionist." Valerie is "equipped with a laser scanner that can detect and track people in the room," and visitors communicate with her by typing questions on her keyboard. As Kevin describes it: "If you take a seat in the waiting area, you'll hear Valerie talk on the phone to her friends or her 'motherboard' about all her problems, including how she hates to date vacuum cleaners." Kevin comments: "It might seem whimsical, but Valerie pushes at the boundary between machines and humans -- a step toward the Robot on Lost in Space, the most likable character on the show." All in all, Kevin foresees "a lot more news about the merging of machines in humans. University labs are doing research," he notes, and "companies are being started."
Say hello to my little friend!!!!

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

cip
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 02:00:24 PM »
The aritcle if interesting. Chip have been implanted in people for alot of things..they can track down sex pedators now. Have some kind of device will tell you where they are. Everything we do on computers are program and believe me they keep scripts of everything we say and do online. There no such thing as privatecy anymore. From the clear plastic bags that we walk out of the store. Its the same with our personal life. I am a patient and I have to do is swallow a pill and it will take pictures of me from my thoat to the bottom of me..it constantly snap pictures of all parts of my body. Remember the movie? Will Smith, called ENEMY OF THE STATE?  He was on the run all the time ..the people kew where he was at..he couldnt figure it out.. why they knew where he was..this was just a movie..but ,,its truths in some of these flims.  Our vehicle have maps in them even...i can on and on..on this topic. :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up