LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jlewis church band video1  (Read 423 times)

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

jlewis church band video1
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:30:29 PM »
My church band is in the middle of rehearsing for a youth concert in October.  I video taped this past saturday's rehearsal.

The first video is a  song from TD Jakes CD. Be glorified.

Now be aware, this is the first time we are rehearsing this song. I wanted to put the video out there so people could see how a band rehearsal goes (mistakes and everything).

I am the guy in the white/green shorts playing the keyboard. The female voice that you hear off camera is the Youth choir director.  This will give you a chance to see how the band and the director get on the same page when it comes to playing.

http://www.stpbc.com/videos/be_glorified.wmv

jllewis

Let me know if the link does not work.  I m looking for any and all comments (positive and negative as long as they are constructive)

thanks

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:41:44 PM »
Sounds good Bro! :D
MERCY EN!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 12:38:49 AM »
Like ddw4e said, it sounds good. I think Acoustic Piano would sound better than that EP though...for that song.

Offline jlewis

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • man I'm sleepy

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:08 AM »
I hear you.  I have really just started thinking about what the orchestration assignments need to be.  My focus at this rehearsal is to make sure we  are all on the same page.  Come to think about, I probably played the same patch on all 3 songs.  

I could spend an hour layering my rig for just the "right" sound.  I try and figure that stuff out at home, otherwise we would all be there half a day.

But I agree, I am definitely going to have to change the patch settings .

jlewis
Pages: [1]   Go Up