LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Four Years On  (Read 727 times)

Offline elio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Four Years On
« on: July 15, 2005, 12:51:03 AM »
My 4yo son is going to have his tonsils removed today. I pray he's going to be alright.  Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but let me tell you his story and you'll see why I praise God for his tonsils.

He was born in 2001 at 26 weeks at 2lb1oz. That is seriously premature. He would fit in the palm of my hand. Not that I could pick him up anyway, as he was in a sterile cot in intensive care. After a couple of days the doctors started to look concerned, they told us about bleeding in his brain. It started as 'oh, it happens', it went to 'we need to keep an eye on it', I got worried when they wheeled in a University professor to explain what was going on. They started talking about hydrocephalus and serious damage to the brain, deafness and cerebral palsy. He was four days old. He had three instances of brain surgery in three months.

My wife and I were simply bewildered. One night we went to a church service and at the end I fell down on my face crying like a baby. Not really praying, I was simply hollering. Then someone came up to me and said that I should ask 'for God's will to be done'. That statement changed my life. I started doing so, adding the wish that God had a plan for my son to live and I promised that I would serve Him in return.

Things went downhill from there. At one point the doctors started talking about DNR'ing him. That means Do Not Resuscitate him should he collapse. My jaw hit the floor. They were implying that his life wouldn't be worth living.

Well, that wasn't God's plan :lol:. Four years on he's a happy and beautiful child. He still has some problems, he's behind in his development but he's been accepted in mainstream education. He smiles and sings and runs and plays and today he's having his tonsils out :P.

Do not shortchange or underestimate God, He's in control. Just ask Him for His will to be done.

Heavenly Father, I praise and thank You for my son's life. You know what You've done for him. Please help me keep my end of the bargain now and serve You for the rest of my days.

yielded

Four Years On
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:58:18 AM »
Awesome!!!  It's good to know that God is always in control.

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

Four Years On
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 01:03:59 AM »
Praise God!

JoyCH

Four Years On
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »
Man what a testimony. God is good all the time. Praying for your son's surgery.

Joy

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

Four Years On
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 09:39:49 PM »
Elio, I thank GOD for your son's health and wellness, too. GOD is So Good, and this is an example of how GOD cares about each of our hurts.

Be Blessed  :D
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline elio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Four Years On
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 02:31:36 AM »
Thanks for your support and prayers. My son's now back at home, minus his tonsils. Happy to report he sounds like Barry White with a sore throat.

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

Four Years On
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 06:06:01 AM »
Quote from: elio
Thanks for your support and prayers. My son's now back at home, minus his tonsils. Happy to report he sounds like Barry White with a sore throat.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
God is so good.......all the time!!

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

Four Years On
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 10:43:51 PM »
god is good all the time.
Shannon moore

Offline Bronzee

• LGM Member
  • I'm a praiser!!
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/bronzeey1

story
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:32:21 PM »
I like your experience you had about your son. Love him and give him alot of Ice Cream. 8)  I am so glad he is better. I thank God for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up